Busking Magic and Juggling

Oct 11, 2008
Hey Guys

This is my first post on T11 and I was wondering if anyone could give me some help.

A friend and myself are putting together a street busking act in sydney centred mainly around juggling and comedy. Ive been doing close up magic for a year and a half and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some magic that would fit in with a busking show.

So far our show is ball and club juggling, then some kinfe juggling, then we throw in some unicycling and the finale is me juggling torches while doused in petrol.

We think its going to be awesome but I think that some brief magic interludes would be good.

Cards and coins are not what im looking for here because we need visual stuff that can be seen from a distance and surrounded. I was thinking maybe a rope routine or something.

Any help would be wicked.

Cheers.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Wow. Another Sydney magician... Let me know when you perform, I live in the City.

Try looking for the fibre optics DVD for rope routines. Other stuff... Cups and Balls, maybe, silks, linking rings... You can try a pickpocketing demonstration if you can pull it off (and study it for ages)...

Good luck with it, and like I said, let me know :)

May 17, 2008
I would do stigmata thats a great trick that gets tons of great reactions but i dont know if it will fit in to your routine or not

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
It's not big enough for the typical audience of a street busking show like his. Flaming torches require a circular stage diameter 15-20 metres. He'd get about 5% of the audience seeing the effect, if he's lucky.

Jan 5, 2008
Oklahoma
idea

Sounds like you need more of a stage production type trick in a street location to me. An easily transportable and fairly cheap act(for stage magic) is the metamorphosis human transposition. It only cost me about $130 bucks to add it to my show on the Riverwalk in OKC. Both of you would need to participate so it has the proper motivation. Plus it will last nearly a lifetime

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
hum, maybe between the larger stunts you could throw in some spongeballs (because they kick ass :p), especially if theyre extra lare ones. The crowd always love tricks in which they are central to.

May the luck be with you!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
What about Bill Abbott's Smart Ass routine. I think it uses a deck of cards and one giant card that a spectator sits on. It might be ok for a decent crowd. What about the Gazzo tossed out deck?

May 19, 2008
manchester
criss angle levitation, its quite easy to work out how to do it so the people can see your face, while your floating start doing fire breathing or whatever, itll be awsome :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results