Canadian Bicycle decks... where to buy?

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
May I ask, what's the big deal over the star/$ and the "double front box?"

*clears throat* Ahem. I am only asking this out of curiosity, not with attitude and I am certainly not attacking you in any way.

Hehe, that is perfectly allowed! ;)

There is no big deal really, I just find the box more appealing (I like the thing with Canadian boxes having everything written in both french and english, like Texan cards). And the IPCC stars vs. the USPCC $: it's just a personal preference. I just think it looks better. Nothing more than that. :)

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
And Anonymous II, you do have an attitude. Just thought I should let you know. I was wondering the same thing myself, why would you want Canadian bikes?

I couldn't disagree more.

Let me give you an example:

You have been looking around at different grocers/supermarkets for Pepsi Cola, but can't find it, but you have found Coca Cola everywhere. They are pretty much the same, but with minor differences in taste. You prefer Pepsi. Then you go to another supermarket to ask there. You approach one of the employees and ask: "Do you have Pepsi?". The employee answers: "Why do you need Pepsi? There is no big difference between that and Coke really."

Is that okey with you? A perfectly legitimate answer by the employee?

I think this could qualify to having an attitude. Being "offended" or suprised by such a strange approach to your question, and not being happy with that, on the other hand, is a natural reaction.

I won't go further with this, but asking why I prefer them out of curiosity is entirely okay and natural thing to do. But shouldn't you first try to answer my question and help me (if that's what you really want to do), and then ask why I prefer them (if you are curious)? This question, in turn, should be "Why do you prefer them?", not "Why do you need them?".

Oh well... I guess we'll draw a line here. The tread has improved and are much better now, I think. :)

Aug 31, 2007

You have been looking around at different grocers/supermarkets for Pepsi Cola, but can't find it, but you have found Coca Cola everywhere. They are pretty much the same, but with minor differences in taste. You prefer Pepsi. Then you go to another supermarket to ask there. You approach one of the employees and ask: "Do you have Pepsi?". The employee answers: "Why do you need Pepsi? There is no big difference between that and Coke really."

I think this could qualify to having an attitude. Being "offended" or suprised by such a strange approach to your question, and not being happy with that, on the other hand, is a natural reaction.

I won't go further with this, but asking why I prefer them out of curiosity is entirely okay and natural thing to do. But shouldn't you first try to answer my question and help me (if that's what you really want to do), and then ask why I prefer them (if you are curious)? This question, in turn, should be "Why do you prefer them?", not "Why do you need them?".

Oh well... I guess we'll draw a line here. The tread has improved and are much better now, I think. :)

No, that's a ****ty example. That would work only if one pepsi can is a different color than the other, because the inside is the same no matter what.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
No, that's a ****ty example. That would work only if one pepsi can is a different color than the other, because the inside is the same no matter what.

Yes, I understand this. Even though the Ace of Spades have different text, and the Joker doesn't look the same, it's still the same for you.

That's all right dude, but I disagree! ;)

I think we should leave this now. All of you who think I have an attitude have gotten their answer, so there isn't really much more to say.

Aug 31, 2007
Yes, I understand this. Even though the Ace of Spades have different text, and the Joker doesn't look the same, it's still the same for you.

That's all right dude, but I disagree! ;)

I think we should leave this now. All of you who think I have an attitude have gotten their answer, so there isn't really much more to say.

You really have a bad attitude. The problem is, that even though you expect us to answer your question, you won't answer ours?

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
You really have a bad attitude. The problem is, that even though you expect us to answer your question, you won't answer ours?

Because I think it's rude to question other people's reasons for asking simple questions.

I don't expect anyone to answer my question, I was being grateful for anyone who could help me with my little "problem". I don't see where you get the impression I expect people to answer my question. I just hope some would do.

Anyhow, I'll probably leave these forums. It's completely out of my comprehension why I'm the one having an attitude. I've always considered myself fair and reasonable, so this is a new experience for me.

I think we'll all be much happier that way. :) Have a nice future! ;)

Aug 31, 2007
Hate to say it... But yeah, you do.

Ohh.... CORY admitted it too. That's pretty hard for him to admit. He's hella optimistic.

Because I think it's rude to question other people's reasons for asking simple questions.This is a very questionable question.

I don't expect anyone to answer my question, I was being grateful for anyone who could help me with my little "problem". I don't see where you get the impression I expect people to answer my question. I just hope some would do.So you don't expect pplz to answer your question, why post it?

Anyhow, I'll probably leave these forums. It's completely out of my comprehension why I'm the one having an attitude. I've always considered myself fair and reasonable, so this is a new experience for me.Fair and reasonable?

I think we'll all be much happier that way. :) Have a nice future! ;) See Ya.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
@ dummyisdumb: So you expect people to answer your questions? I think that is very demanding of you. You should learn some manners.

I don't think I will "see ya!"...

Aug 31, 2007
@ dummyisdumb: So you expect people to answer your questions? I think that is very demanding of you. You should learn some manners.

I don't think I will "see ya!"...

First, when and where did I say that? And second, I do expect people to at least attempt to answer my questions. Which one is worse manners?

Expecting a reply, or completely ignoring someone.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
First, when and where did I say that? And second, I do expect people to at least attempt to answer my questions. Which one is worse manners?

Expecting a reply, or completely ignoring someone.

You added this to my post: "So you don't expect pplz to answer your question, why post it?"

To expect someone to answer a question is a very bad habit, and yes, I would say that it is worse than ignoring someone. That being said, I have not ignored anybody here (though maybe I should have).

Aug 31, 2007
You added this to my post: "So you don't expect pplz to answer your question, why post it?"

To expect someone to answer a question is a very bad habit, and yes, I would say that it is worse than ignoring someone. That being said, I have not ignored anybody here (though maybe I should have).

Expecting someone to answer a question is internal, Ignoring isn't. If you ask someone a question, and they just look at you, and don't even talk, that would be rather rude! If you ask me.

Also, you basically ignored everyone w/ common sense on this thread by not answering our question.

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
Expecting someone to answer a question is internal, Ignoring isn't. If you ask someone a question, and they just look at you, and don't even talk, that would be rather rude! If you ask me.

You are mixing up different situations/settings here.

I'm not asking a question to anyone particular, but to the forumers in general. This can be compared to a teacher asking his pupils to answer a question from the curriculum. He doesn't expect every pupil to answer his question, nor does he think they are rude not to answer. He just hopes that someone could answer his question.

What you are talking about, is two people (or possibly a small group of people), where one is adressing a question to a specific person.

Aug 31, 2007
You are mixing up different situations/settings here.

I'm not asking a question to anyone particular, but to the forumers in general. This can be compared to a teacher asking his pupils to answer a question from the curriculum. He doesn't expect every pupil to answer his question, nor does he think they are rude not to answer. He just hopes that someone could answer his question.

What you are talking about, is two people (or possibly a small group of people), where one is adressing a question to a specific person.

No, I was just tryin' to show that it's ruder to ignore someone. Let's not get philosophical.

Aug 31, 2007
Canada

Ok, first off,not at all like that. Your question would be like walking into a store that has coke AND pepsi, AND jolt, AND PC cola, and saying "I don't like these cans, where can I find the ones you can buy in Canada?"

Secondly, your condition about attempting to answer your question first implies that only people who can help you have any right to ask you a question. Your question was equally odd to those of us who did NOT know where you could find Canadian made bikes.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
I guess the Internet makes it hard to convey subtle meanings in the text.

Anonymous II, I did mean it in the way you talk about the term "prefer." I was simply curious why you were looking for the Canadian version of the deck, and not trying to make it seem like there was no reason to.

I thought it might help be clear since I was trying to help you by offering several locations where they would probably be available, and I just wanted to be sure you knew what the differences were, or so that others could tell when they read the thread.

Hope you've found what you were looking for,

Sep 9, 2007
I'm not going to bother reading all the bickering, but from the first page, it sounds to me like

1. the dude asked for something
2. someone was curious why he was asking for something, because he (and it seems most others, me included didn't know what the difference was)
3. dude got defensive for no reason.
4. thread snowballed....

I mean, when I first read the question i wondered what the difference was too. Not in a confrontational way, more of an thirst for knowledge kind of way.

oh well. other than the jokers and the "double fronted" box, are there any other differences that would be cool to know about?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results