Card college or the Tarbell volumes

May 4, 2020
Sweden
My birthday is coming up and I am thinking of expanding my magic library but I have a hard time to decide if I want to go for the Tarbell volumes or card college. Is the Tarbell as good as it seems or will I have more fun with card college?

I do mostly card tricks but am monkeying around with all kind of magic.

So my magic friends, what road should I take?

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Why not both? You can get the first 2 volumes of Card College and then the Tarbell Volumes. And if you can't get both get Royal Road to Card Magic which is much cheaper than Card College and the Tarbell Course. Either way best wishes!!:)

Reactions: Minus the Jester

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Card College is amazing and essential if you want to master card magic. You will learn sleights and effects that you will use. Tarbell is an amazing resource about all types of magic... whether you will use it or not. Much of Tarbell would need to be adapted for use in that the presentation and sometimes the props are dated. However, you should be able to create amazing magic with those adaptations.

If you want to learn practical card sleights and routines - then Card College is for you. If you want to explore the vast universe of magic with all sorts of objects - then get Tarbell.

May 4, 2020
Sweden
Card College is amazing and essential if you want to master card magic. You will learn sleights and effects that you will use. Tarbell is an amazing resource about all types of magic... whether you will use it or not. Much of Tarbell would need to be adapted for use in that the presentation and sometimes the props are dated. However, you should be able to create amazing magic with those adaptations.

If you want to learn practical card sleights and routines - then Card College is for you. If you want to explore the vast universe of magic with all sorts of objects - then get Tarbell.

Awesome answer sir! It didn’t make it easier but I at least got a good feeling for what I choose between.

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
Why not check out the Tarbell original mail order course on which Tarbell volumes 1-6 are based? It is available in digital format for free legally because it is public domain. You can find it at magicbunny.co.uk (The link for the Tarbell Course is at the bottom of the page)

May 4, 2020
Sweden
Why not check out the Tarbell original mail order course on which Tarbell volumes 1-6 are based? It is available in digital format for free legally because it is public domain. You can find it at magicbunny.co.uk (The link for the Tarbell Course is at the bottom of the page)

This is great, I prefer books, but now I am leaning towards to start with card college and pick up the Tarbell in the future. Thank you!

Aug 24, 2015
A good book on magic presentation is by Darwin Ortiz called Strong Magic. Read it more than once and it gets better each time as your understanding of it becomes deeper.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results