Card force with 10-15 cards or less

Oct 25, 2008
Norway
Hi,

I've got a special request: I'm looking for a force that can be done with a small packet of cards, 10-15 cards or less. Also, I would prefer if the forced card would remain face down when forced (like the classic force, but there are too few cards to do it with), until the revelation of it. I've got a force now, but when the card is forced it has to be face up for the force to work, which I feel weakens the climax of the effect. I want the spectator to pick the card, not knowing what it is until they're asked to turn the card face up.

Forces I've ruled out so far, because it's a small numbers of cards, are: The classics (like classic, riffle, hindu and dribble), any count force (weakens the effect and takes up to much time, imo) and any cut force.

(I hope I'm not being too demanding here.)

Any name or resource (book, streaming, dvd) would be much appreciated! :)

Nov 26, 2013
Hi,

I've got a special request: I'm looking for a force that can be done with a small packet of cards, 10-15 cards or less. Also, I would prefer if the forced card would remain face down when forced (like the classic force, but there are too few cards to do it with), until the revelation of it. I've got a force now, but when the card is forced it has to be face up for the force to work, which I feel weakens the climax of the effect. I want the spectator to pick the card, not knowing what it is until they're asked to turn the card face up.

Forces I've ruled out so far, because it's a small numbers of cards, are: The classics (like classic, riffle, hindu and dribble), any count force (weakens the effect and takes up to much time, imo) and any cut force.

(I hope I'm not being too demanding here.)

Any name or resource (book, streaming, dvd) would be much appreciated! :)
The cull force seems perfect for you requirements.

Nov 1, 2007
Dani DaOrtiz has a version of the classic force done in the action of laying cards one by one face down on the table. I believe his force occurs around position 7-8, however.

Dec 30, 2014
Roll a die and add the top and bottom numbers which will always 7 and control/position the forced card in the seventh position then ask them to count seven cards down. :)

Mar 11, 2013
How about a Cross-Cut force? With some time misdirection it could be workable.
If the packet is too small to cut, ask for a number in the center of the number of cards you have:
Say you have 15 cards, they call out 5, then simply move 5 from the bottom to the top, openly, sidejog that packet, and force accordingly.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Explain that you have around 20 cards. Tell the spectator to pick a number somewhere in the middle between 1 and 20. Let's say they pick the number 8. Show them what you want them to do by dealing eight cards to the table. Turn over the top card and tell them that would have been their card, but you don't want to touch the cards. Reassemble the pack and hand it to them. Tell them to deal the number of cards they selected and take the top card.

Turn over the card below their card and explain that if they had chosen a smaller number that would have been their card and then turn over the top card in the packet they were dealing from and show them that would have been their card if they had picked a higher number.

Laugh to yourself and continue with the effect.

Reactions: Rev
May 1, 2015
If you're able to execute a second deal, you could just second deal and let them call out stop or ask them a to name a number and second deal that amount on the table. The sleight is really worth investing in, as it has a lot of other applications.

Good luck!

Explain that you have around 20 cards. Tell the spectator to pick a number somewhere in the middle between 1 and 20. Let's say they pick the number 8. Show them what you want them to do by dealing eight cards to the table. Turn over the top card and tell them that would have been their card, but you don't want to touch the cards. Reassemble the pack and hand it to them. Tell them to deal the number of cards they selected and take the top card.

Turn over the card below their card and explain that if they had chosen a smaller number that would have been their card and then turn over the top card in the packet they were dealing from and show them that would have been their card if they had picked a higher number.

Laugh to yourself and continue with the effect.

Brilliant use of that principle! I think this is the best solution, mainly because it's bold...and I love bold!

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results