Card in Mouth Color Change

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Not the best, kinda obvious.

But,

Has anyone here ever seen the easter egg for Indecent where Wayne has a girl sign her name on a card, folded it, and told her to bite down on it.

Then he signed a card, folded it, and bit down on it in full view.
He then puts his card in his mouth, and back to biting down on it so you can see it.

Then he takes that folded card out and unfolds it, and turns out that it turned into her card, while she was holding his card with her teeth.

It's a very good variation of the 2 card monte.

Sep 1, 2007
Soon ill be making a video oh hand to mouth by DnD and this change.
Obviously this change by itself wont impress any magician .... so yeah.

Dec 22, 2007
California: LA
insted of using a ***, you can use a ***. itll be less suspicious

[Note::If you want to discuss the handling of the change, contact the creator directly. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Dude how did you do that!? Thats the best thing ever since the snap change!

Are you serious?

Well Thanks..... glad you liked it

insted of using a ****, you can use a***. itll be less suspicious

If you want to discuss the change in a more detailed manner you can PM.

Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
Not the best, kinda obvious.

But,

Has anyone here ever seen the easter egg for Indecent where Wayne has a girl sign her name on a card, folded it, and told her to bite down on it.

Then he signed a card, folded it, and bit down on it in full view.
He then puts his card in his mouth, and back to biting down on it so you can see it.

Then he takes that folded card out and unfolds it, and turns out that it turned into her card, while she was holding his card with her teeth.

It's a very good variation of the 2 card monte.

That's just a variation to a 2 card transpo. The only real thing I saw different with it was him putting the cards in his mouth for suspense. Other than that, it's nothing new.

On to the color change. Nice creativity, keep up the good work. I would like to see some live footage of it sometime.

To everyone else that says "It's obvious". Who cares if it is or not. You have some understanding in card mechanics, so it very well could be to you.

When I hear things like that, it reminds me of the spectators that try and come up with any explanation they can to explain what they saw. And it's all due to them feeling that their intelligence is being challenged. It's just a sign of being defensive and showing they're better than you. Do you all really feel that way so much that you have to subtly try and prove you're better than the next person?

Try and give some pointers on how to make it better instead of saying "It's kind of obvious" and lay off the defense responses. Magic isn't meant to fool magicians or magic hobbyists. It's meant to fool laymen.

-Dave-

Sep 1, 2007
That's just a variation to a 2 card transpo. The only real thing I saw different with it was him putting the cards in his mouth for suspense. Other than that, it's nothing new.

On to the color change. Nice creativity, keep up the good work. I would like to see some live footage of it sometime.

To everyone else that says "It's obvious". Who cares if it is or not. You have some understanding in card mechanics, so it very well could be to you.

When I hear things like that, it reminds me of the spectators that try and come up with any explanation they can to explain what they saw. And it's all due to them feeling that their intelligence is being challenged. It's just a sign of being defensive and showing they're better than you. Do you all really feel that way so much that you have to subtly try and prove you're better than the next person?

Try and give some pointers on how to make it better instead of saying "It's kind of obvious" and lay off the defense responses. Magic isn't meant to fool magicians or magic hobbyists. It's meant to fool laymen.

-Dave-

I'm with you man, in addition .... i've always said the people should judge a trick by the method but by the effect.

Ill be posting up a live performance. If you have any ideas on how to make this to look better just PM me.

Thanks.

Sep 1, 2007
Hahahahaha ...... well ..... thanks

Nah dude. Its pretty obvious.

Yeah you might be right, Its pretty obvious for magician, but tricks arent to fool magicians not even to fool laymen but to entertain people. Just keep that in mind

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Yeah you might be right, Its pretty obvious for magician, but tricks arent to fool magicians not even to fool laymen but to entertain people. Just keep that in mind

That is true, but laymen aren't stupid. Often they will see through methods we think good enough. I'm not saying that this change is one of them, if it is properly routined into routine.

Sep 1, 2007
That is true, but laymen aren't stupid. Often they will see through methods we think good enough. I'm not saying that this change is one of them, if it is properly routined into routine.

Everything you need is MISDIRECTION ...... that is the magic word

Dec 28, 2007
Finland
Everything you need is MISDIRECTION ...... that is the magic word

Misdirection isn't a solution to everything, and misdirection isn't always easy thing to do. For example, Ambitious Card. The whole routine loses it's meaning if audience misses the part where card is put cleanly to the middle of the deck.

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Misdirection isn't a solution to everything, and misdirection isn't always easy thing to do. For example, Ambitious Card. The whole routine loses it's meaning if audience misses the part where card is put cleanly to the middle of the deck.

I'm back from a holiday, and I thought here would be a good place to jump in.

There is more to a method than the technique, the misdirection is part of the method, and it is an incredibly important part.

Just to clarify, misdirection does not mean pointing behind the spectator and shouting "Look, it's superman!", nor even doing a one handed flourish with your eyes staring at it, while the other hand does the dirty work. The point of misdirection is that the spectators do not know they are being misdirected. They need to think they are seeing the action at all times. It has to be carefully planned out to make the spectator think they are seeing everything. Your comment about the ACR is what got me here. A spectator could be watching your hands doing the dirty work at all times and still see nothing because you are misdirecting. Misdirection doesn't mean getting them to look away from the sleights, it means taking their focus away from the sleights. What a spectator is looking at and what they think they are seeing can be two completely different things if you use misdirection properly. It doesn't matter how clever your spectators are.

Huruey

Nov 29, 2007
Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
Just to clarify, misdirection does not mean pointing behind the spectator and shouting "Look, it's superman!", nor even doing a one handed flourish with your eyes staring at it, while the other hand does the dirty work. The point of misdirection is that the spectators do not know they are being misdirected. They need to think they are seeing the action at all times. It has to be carefully planned out to make the spectator think they are seeing everything. Your comment about the ACR is what got me here. A spectator could be watching your hands doing the dirty work at all times and still see nothing because you are misdirecting. Misdirection doesn't mean getting them to look away from the sleights, it means taking their focus away from the sleights. What a spectator is looking at and what they think they are seeing can be two completely different things if you use misdirection properly. It doesn't matter how clever your spectators are.

Huruey

I agree, just take, for example, the ability to show them their card, in an ACR, hand it to them, have them put it in the middle, then it appear on top, with nothing but misdirection, and maybe some skill, but mostly patter, and misdirection.

But if this effect is done right, with the proper misdirection, and patter, I think that this could be a great, visual, color change.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results