Card Mucking

SRD

Aug 9, 2011
Hey guys.

I know that there are alot of cardsharks here and i just wanted to ask where i can learn Card mucking?

Feb 4, 2008
It all depends on the Muck. Jason England teaches the McMillon switch on his Foundations(v.1) It is a pretty tough one with few real world applications but it sure looks great for Gambling Demos. Daniel madison has a nice downloadable PDF called Muck/Shun. That one is relatively easy and still looks pretty darn good. My favorite is a five card Muck taught by Paul Wilson on "The Unreal Work." I can't exactly remember the name of that muck but the principle behind it should work for any number of cards.

The three that I just mentioned are all created by magicians for the purpose of demonstrating mucks to the lay audience. If you are looking for some card mucks you might use in a game then you might poke around the Magic Cafe. Supposedly there are a few real gamblers who hang around the gambling section of their forum.

Aug 20, 2010
Practicing
The five for five muck that eostresh is referring to on "The Unreal Work" is called "Demonstration Muck" (very creative, I know). The move was in the George Joseph book another member mentioned here, except George explained it with 2 cards (for blackjack, I believe). Paul does it in Shade, very cool looking.

As far as other sources:

Gambling Protection Series - Steve Forte

Ortiz on Card Cheating - Darwin Ortiz

Ultimate Work - Tony Giorgio

Those sources show essentially the meat and potatoes of card mucking. After that, you can make your own or add touches to existing ones.

Feb 4, 2008
The five for five muck that eostresh is referring to on "The Unreal Work" is called "Demonstration Muck" (very creative, I know). The move was in the George Joseph book another member mentioned here, except George explained it with 2 cards (for blackjack, I believe). Paul does it in Shade, very cool looking.
Thanks for that. I was too lazy to go look it up myself.lol. Anyways...it is a beautiful move and much easier than one would think if done in conjunction with lapping. If will take a lot of work to transfer palm to palm without a lapping move however.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results