Card Palms

Dec 6, 2013
I have lately been trying to work on palms but everybody notices because the card sticks out of my small hands. Know any solutions or even palms that don't rely on hand size. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Oct 19, 2015
Get some 'Bridge' cards as they are 1/4 inch less wide than a regular deck (Poker Decks). I have smaller hands and am now moving to Bridge cards for the same reason.

I remember a few years ago, I read/watched something where a magician stated that there is no such thing as 'hands that are too small.' However, logic dictates this has to be nonsense, as surely it is possible to have hands that are physically not able to conceal a playing card (mine are a good example!). If it was all just a matter of practice, then we would all be able to conceal a jumbo card with enough practice!!

That being said, I don't think it really matters if the cards stick out of your hand a bit. Much like using a thumb tip, no one should be staring straight at your hand when you're palming a card anyway, so provided you can conceal most of the card, you should be ok. Plus, the position of your hand in relation to the audience makes difference. For example, if the card is sticking out on the side with you little finger, but you hand is down by your side, no one is going to see it anyway.

I don't do a lot of palming, but I do use the Gamblers Cop a fair bit. Due to the position of the card, you can have nearly half the length of the card sticking out of your hand, but provided you drop your hand to your side, no one will see it. I know I've never been caught doing it.

In essence: don't worry about it. Just move your hand of the area of 'focus' and no one should see anything.

Rev

Oct 19, 2015
I remember a few years ago, I read/watched something where a magician stated that there is no such thing as 'hands that are too small.' However, logic dictates this has to be nonsense, as surely it is possible to have hands that are physically not able to conceal a playing card (mine are a good example!). If it was all just a matter of practice, then we would all be able to conceal a jumbo card with enough practice!!

That being said, I don't think it really matters if the cards stick out of your hand a bit. Much like using a thumb tip, no one should be staring straight at your hand when you're palming a card anyway, so provided you can conceal most of the card, you should be ok. Plus, the position of your hand in relation to the audience makes difference. For example, if the card is sticking out on the side with you little finger, but you hand is down by your side, no one is going to see it anyway.

I don't do a lot of palming, but I do use the Gamblers Cop a fair bit. Due to the position of the card, you can have nearly half the length of the card sticking out of your hand, but provided you drop your hand to your side, no one will see it. I know I've never been caught doing it.

In essence: don't worry about it. Just move your hand of the area of 'focus' and no one should see anything.

Rev
For me it is not really a matter of "palming" concerns but a matter of strength. I am 65 and injured my right hand twice between my thumb and pointing finger. That joint is a painful mess as arthritis has started. I could have surgery but it takes 6mo to recover and then it will be really weak. On top of that in high school I injured my neck twice, the last time I ended up in the hospital with neck in traction and left arm that was partially paralyzed. In time they were able to get that arm and hand back to about 80%, but my grip is week. Therefore, smaller cards allow more leverage and require less hand strength..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results