Card quality

Apr 7, 2016
Kentucky
I normally use Bicycle cards to do magic, but I am highly interested in the new Citizen cards. Can anyone answer these questions first:
  • How long do they last?
  • What is there fanning quality?
  • Citizen vs. Bicycle quality?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Citizens are still pretty new so it would hard to determine how long they last. It's also kinda subjective because it depends on how well you treat your cards.

Nov 10, 2014
They are T11 so I am sure everything will be about a full step above Tally Hos which are a half step above bikes. But again they are T11 cards so I am pretty sure they will be pretty good in all of those fields.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
My Citizens just came in the mail, and after opening them up I can tell you that they are amazing. But this is to be expected from Theory 11; their cards are above industry standards. They handle just as beautifully as Monarchs, if not better. They look amazing, and even the box is impeccably done. Inside and out they are beautiful. I would still use Bicycle for out in the streets, and walk arounds because they get worn (especially if spectators are handling them), but I use my Theory 11 decks for special occasions.

Jun 6, 2015
Charlotte NC
I'd definitely say T11 decks are much higher quality than bikes or tallys. They handle and feel amazing in your hands, the one problem is that they are a lot more expensive than bikes or tallys. So like DominusDolorum, I'd say use your bikes for standard performances, but if it's a special occasion, it might be nice to break out the Citizens.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
When I got my first "custom" deck of cards my mentor told me: "Don't use them on layman. They are going to suspect gaffed cards." He believed that the spectators were more comfortable and less likely to suspect a trick deck if you use a standard pack of cards. I've even had people suspect by regular bikes!

Harry Lorayne always uses borrowed decks of cards for his performances. He says that if you use your own deck of cards, then you will lose 40-50% of the effect.

All of that being said, use whatever you are most comfortable with. I still use my own bikes whenever I perform (unless they have theirs, then I put them away), and if I use my "custom" decks(I really don't know what else to call them), I make a point of saying that "these are the most beautiful cards in the world, and that I want to share this trick with you because you're a special audience." Or something like that ;)

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
  • How long do they last?
  • What is there fanning quality?

The T11 decks are all made to similar specifications. The Citizens should have handling characteristics and durability equivalent to Monarchs and Medallions. While I own these decks, they are not what I regularly use so I can't really say. But if someone can give some specifics on how long Monarchs last and how they fan in the long run this should apply equally to Citizens.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results