Card to Sealed Box

Nov 18, 2008
CA
This Thanksgiving i decided to perform an effect that i have been working on lately. Here's a description from a spectator as they would see it:

"A white deck[Ghost] was brought out and shuffled. I chose a card, the nine of clubs, and i pushed it into the deck. He asked us how many cards were in a pack of cards and we answed '52'. He counted through the cards face up and there were only 51. I did not see the nine of clubs. A bunch of red and blue bicycle decks[a brick] were brought out in the cellophane. A deck was chosen, the cellophane was ripped off and the desk seal was opened. The deck was removed and spread out. In the middle of the red bicycle deck was one white card, the nine of clubs."

Everyone flipped and it was great. No one had a clue as to what just happened.
Who else performed on Thanksgiving and what did you perform?

P.S If you want to know my personal method for the 'Card to Sealed Box' plot feel free to PM me.

Oct 30, 2008
www.youtube.com
that sounds really awesome. I did a few tricks, i did rising card, biddle, and acr. But then someone asked me if i could vanish my food so i did tenkai with a green bean it got a good laugh haha

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hum
...I don't celebrate Thanksgiving - cause im not American! - but I still performed in the jist of it.
Here's the dizzle:

I performed one of Benjamin Earl's routines from Past Midnight 3, whereas (in the spectator POV)

He gave me the deck and I cut to a card. Then I shuffled it, cut it again and shuffled it, all the while he was facing the other way. Then he told me to go thorugh the cards, and to look thorugh them till I find mine. I'm supposed to move it around to a completely random position - to eliminate key cards and such (what are they, house keys?) I gave him the deck, he glanced at it and said:

"It's...twenty three cards down..."

He cut the deck twice fancily and produced one card face down in the most synchronized and beautiful of manners - my thought of and handled card.

Gustav

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 12, 2008
card to box

ive just invented the awesomest trick in the world. A spectator selectes a card from a pack of red bikes. He then signs it. I place it off to the side. With a magical gesture the card appears face up in a blue deck. Also it has the signature.

My camera is broken right now, so wait.

Nov 29, 2008
I did a small ambitious routine for my cousin, who had never seen card magic before so she was pretty surprised, i just used a few moves from Harry Lorayne and Crash Course 2. Then I did Mercury Aces for my two uncles who got a pretty big kick out of it. I honestly have just got into magic recently so i don't know too much.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results