Cardini Change Help

Dec 18, 2009
Hi I can execute the cardini change well enough but when i try to ditch the card on the bottom it always looks really obvious. any tips? By the way I think this is also referred to as the ego change or "flick" change.

Nov 4, 2009
The ego is Danny Garcia's variation of it.
When I did the cardini more often, I would lift the deck up, and immediately dribble the cards on top of the ditch, if that helps. Not the best explanation, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

2 Legit 2 Quit

If you watch how Dan and Dave and others do it, you could learn how to ditch the card secretly. Usually, they rotate the deck end for end while ditching the card. This way is flourishy and serves as a distraction. Remember, the trick is over in the spectator's eyes, so you should let it sink in before you ditch the card.

Hope this helps.

Jan 10, 2008
After you execute the Cardini change, you would be in a perfect position to ditch the card on the bottom by executing and all-around square up. This is about the most natural way to achieve what you want in my opinion.

Nov 4, 2009
My only problem with the square up/rotation is that I don't see any motivation for it, unless you start doing that through out your routine, playing it off as habit. I dribble quite often, which is why it's more natural for me to clean up in this way.

Dec 18, 2009
Thanks guys I appreciate the tips. I've managed to sort of combine the dribble and deck rotation/square up to make it look quite natural and clean. Thanks for the advice.

Dec 3, 2009
In my own world
Cardini

Make sure your fingers are positioned correctly. If you want to perform for someone, I reccomend using your free hand as cover like DG does in Ego. Do that until your ok with the finger positioning and the change itself. If that didn't make sense or you don't get it, I'll try to fix my response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results