Cardistry or magic

Jul 8, 2017
Ok, I have been doing card magic for about 2 years now and it has been the best 2 years of my life. I was on YouTube today and saw some cardistry videos, I am thinking about starting a bit of cardistry, the thing is that I don't want it to interfer with my magic, or should I do both and practice 10 times harder , any suggestions?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
You can try and incorporate a bit of both. If you want to focus on magic, learn and perform some flourishes, and just play around with them on the off beat when you're talking to someone. Some flourishes are actually made to be useful in magic. There is so much stuff you can do with a fan, and fancy false cuts for show like the sybil cut.

Check out the royal road, it actually teaches you a bit of flourishes that can be use in magic.

Reactions: Chicken_nug
Jul 8, 2017
You can try and incorporate a bit of both. If you want to focus on magic, learn and perform some flourishes, and just play around with them on the off beat when you're talking to someone. Some flourishes are actually made to be useful in magic. There is so much stuff you can do with a fan, and fancy false cuts for show like the sybil cut.

Check out the royal road, it actually teaches you a bit of flourishes that can be use in magic.
I heard you can use it to grab attention when your sitting around somewhere

Reactions: Chicken_nug

obrienmagic

Elite Member
Nov 4, 2014
Orange County, Ca
www.obrienmagic.com
The key thing to remember is that there is no magic in confusion. If you want to do both, it is totally fine, just know that when you are trying to create a magic moment you need to slow down and let the magic happen. Otherwise you will be written off as "just good with our hands" but not "magic."

Reactions: RealityOne
Apr 9, 2017
Well, you can actually do both if you'd like. But personally, I prefer to just master in one thing. Cardistry could be useful in magic, a fancy false cut gives the illusion of you cutting the deck, and it also shows the spectators how skilful you are with a deck of cards.

Jul 8, 2017
Well, you can actually do both if you'd like. But personally, I prefer to just master in one thing. Cardistry could be useful in magic, a fancy false cut gives the illusion of you cutting the deck, and it also shows the spectators how skilful you are with a deck of cards.
I know some false cuts, thanks for all the tips everyone!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results