Cartier by David Jade

Quick little story on how I received this trick. I was on dananddave.com and personally not many things interest me just simply to much eye candy. However I saw Pixel and Svengali control and decided to purchase them. Well to make this shorter, I never received the tricks until a week later due to some issues but for all the trouble Dave sent me Cartier and Venus trap for free. Anyways onto the review.

Cartier by David Jade is a super visual color change that is happens right in front of the spectators eyes. Changing from one random card to a selected card under the complete control of the magician.

Impromptu 10/10

Completely impromptu and just requires a deck of playing cards. As impromptu as the classic ACR.

Difficulty7/10

Maybe this is a bit high but I rarely use the moves necessary to complete this effect. It was a bit difficult for me to get the moves smoothly but it took only but a few days to get the nuances down. The cleanup is the worst part personally, it isn't difficult but dumb mistakes can happen here unfortunately.

Effect 9/10

If done correctly this is the coolest impromptu color change I have seen so far. The cards change back and forth almost two cards in one switching, yet at the end of the effect there is only one card left, your card. Done without any glimpses you have a strong effect here.

Angles 5-6/10

I don't like the angles unfortunately for this effect, which is the reason I will rarely use this effect. Done best for a three to four person crowd tops with decent audience management. Your angles will probably be best at 10 and 2 o clock at best.

Overall 8/10

I usually deal with larger crowds of numbers 6 and up so this is hard to use for me. However when I have the right angles I will definitely be using this effect when I see it fitting into a routine. If you do small people tricks and don't mind putting some effort then check this out at http://store.dananddave.com/search.php?mode=search&page=1

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results