"Casual Pass" and Clipshift

Jul 18, 2010
[video=youtube;H1XogzyFRuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XogzyFRuU[/video]

Thoughts?

My handling of what I call the "Casual Pass"

Jul 13, 2008
Everything was performed great, but the "pass" was not a pass at all. It was just an overhand shuffle control, which is used all the time and is a classic move. Also, why do you use, in my opinion, some of the worst cards ever made? I bought a deck of these a while back, tried them, hated them, and haven't touched them since. haha

Jul 18, 2010
I'm at my dad's house right now. They are the only available deck and I was itching to try out my camera. I hate them too. Maybe you can appreciate the video more knowing how awful they are :p

Anyways, thanks for the info on the control. I figured it wasn't new, but it's really very easy. I don't see why so many complex controls are made when the casual ones like this are all you need.

Feb 4, 2008
I don't see why so many complex controls are made when the casual ones like this are all you need.
Because some people like the idea of a card rising to the top of the deck(going to pocket, transforming, or whatever) without any visible handling of the deck after the card is inserted in the deck. It's just cleaner is all.

Jul 18, 2010
Well my point is that there are very simple ones that are cleaner than some of the more complex ones. Move monkeys I guess.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Well my point is that there are very simple ones that are cleaner than some of the more complex ones. Move monkeys I guess.

Not necessarily. Inserting the card, then shuffling the deck means that something happened to the cards. If you, for all intents and purposes, simply inserted the card into the deck, squared it up, and set it on the table, then nothing happened to the cards.

Big difference.

May 21, 2011
Most people don't realize that sound doesn't matter with the clipshift because something is supposed to happen. Look at the cardini for example.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results