Center Deal or Bottom Deal

Jan 17, 2015
As @MarcoLostSomething said, using a gambler's cop would be an awesome method to load the aces up the deck. I do that all the time. Alternatively, you could use the Vernon Substitute to mix up the aces openly. However, as long as you don't mention it is an ace trick, no one really notices. If you want to do this trick in the middle of your act, however, the Vernon Substitute would be better as it also helps you place the cards where you want to. Alternatively you could do a cull...

But both methods could allow the spectator to fairly shuffle the deck.

As to bottom or centre deal, I have a better solution: the Biddle Steal. Laymen really don't care about the method - all they care is the trick itself. And with the Biddle steal, the trick would be easy so 1) you won't screw up 2) you don't need that much practice and 3) it will be just as impressive.

For any enquiries feel free to email me: clementho999@gmail.com

Just my two cents :)

Reactions: MarcoLostSomething
Jan 17, 2015
How about a HaLo Cut?

Riffle, let audience freely call stop (they can even change their minds), they do a HaLo cut to "force" the aces.

Do this four times, then reveal the aces.

Perhaps this could be an alternative?

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I've used the Center deal in routines (mostly single selection locations effects similar to the one discussed here with 4 Aces) for over 20 years.

Because routines like this don't interest me too much, I don't do them often, but they're certainly possible if you have a completely burnable center deal (or Greek or bottom). And as long as you're not a magician, I do.*

Jason

* Even if you are - I might!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results