Charging for your magic

Sep 2, 2007
Hey everyone! Sick of ALWAYS being asked to do a magic trick at school? sick of needing that last 50 cents or dollar for that milk? WORRY NO MORE! Once you get your rep up, then start charging 25 cents per magic trick! NO MORE! Your crowds will be bigger, and people will respect you (If they ask why say: I need money, or: You have to pay for good entertainment) I've made 2-3$ in about fifteen minutes! (The last fifteen minutes of lunch hour is when everyone is back at school)

Sep 2, 2007
Hey everyone! Sick of ALWAYS being asked to do a magic trick at school? sick of needing that last 50 cents or dollar for that milk? WORRY NO MORE! Once you get your rep up, then start charging 25 cents per magic trick! NO MORE! Your crowds will be bigger, and people will respect you (If they ask why say: I need money, or: You have to pay for good entertainment) I've made 2-3$ in about fifteen minutes! (The last fifteen minutes of lunch hour is when everyone is back at school)

Uh...this is not serious, right?

Sep 2, 2007
it is. I do it. I get moneys. I know that it's not all about the money. It's just something that works if you need some money. but only do this once you've gotten alot of experience, and people already know you for your magic.

Sep 2, 2007
people watching on is fine. it's just it;s 25 cents a trick. you get bigger crowds because of this. and bigger crowds = less hecklers.

Aug 31, 2007
California
occasionally i'll be like hey i'm kinda hungry. i'll do another if someone can get me 50 cents or something. i don't really charge for magic

CaesarMagic

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2007
Houston TX
I really dont charge money 4 tricks at school but when someone asks me to do a trick Im like i forgot my deck of cards u got a quarter on u and they just pop one out I do a routine and at the end I Vanish it and walk away

Oct 31, 2007
people watching on is fine. it's just it;s 25 cents a trick. you get bigger crowds because of this. and bigger crowds = less hecklers.

Bigger crowds are the potential for more hecklers, especially if you are charging 25 cents for a magic trick that they could just as well as look in on for free. By the way, you really don't want to give hecklers material, especially for 25 cents.

I really hope that you are joking with charging 25 cents though. What is the point? If you enjoy doing magic, do it for free, or make it a career. You can't have both, especially for 5 dollars a days profit. Get a job doing restaurant magic, or hell create a event for your high school. Go through the proper channels to get it to happen, and I'm sure if you make it a fund raiser in conjunction with it, you would get a major turnout.

Sep 2, 2007
are you really serious about the 25 cents? unless you're in elementary school or something, you're better off either finding a way to do a show for more, or practicing until you can pull off charging a show for more. for some reason, i find the idea doing little tricks for coins distasteful. reminds me of those ppl on the streets playing a musical instrument for changej, except you're in school and doing the same thing.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
You could make a gambling game out of it:
Everytime you find their card, make it appear to the top, etc. etc, they owe you a quarter, or however much you want.

*IMPORTANT NOTE* Many schools do not allow gambling, check with your schools rules and regulations, if you should take my advice and get in trouble, I can not be blamed.

I think it would be a neat idea to do a gambling sort of game except it would be unfair since well you'd basically win everytime. Especially if you did 3 card monte, or something so it would probably only work once. If your going to ask for a fee well that's fine but I would rather get a gig to earn my money.

-RA69

I have a top hat that goes with my outfit when I perform... after my routine I see if anyone wants to just out of the purity of their hearts to just donate :)

Depending on the tricks you do.. you can earn tons..

Sep 1, 2007
yes sir, donations are certainly the way to go imho. I don't ask for money. Restaurant magicians know, the money is in the tips. When it comes to the street, I may do something but already have a hat or a cap on the ground ready for donations if they so choose. :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results