Charging for your magic

yes sir, donations are certainly the way to go imho. I don't ask for money. Restaurant magicians know, the money is in the tips.

How about not at all...trust me, I can get good tips. But most of the time, I pass about 50% on to the staff...which equals about $20/hour. I don't solicit tips, or do much money magic. But still, I'm paid by the house, not the guests.

As for charging...umm, yea. I charge $150/hour for my services, but whatever floats your boat I guess...LOL!

Best.
Steve

Sep 4, 2007
Kansas City
When I'm home I usually do magic opening for a band... I do stuff on stage for about 30 mins... mentalism or parlor stuff... then I do walk around in between sets at the bar or I'll just sit in one of the booths by the bar and let people drift by and do something for them. I get paid from the door, which is usually only like a buck a head, but it works out to a couple hundred bucks a night for that, plus any tips that the people give. And doing magic for drunk people is really easy.... the most complicated misdirection is "Wow, she's hot."

Sep 2, 2007
1. I am in the process of getting gigs(I have no competition. so I just have to get the gig. I'm going to try and get a classified :)). 2.: Big vrowds there are less hecklers because they don't want to be the enemy (I wither hand them the deck to do it, or I finish that up so that they get thier money's worth and then walk away) 2. THIS IS NOT FOR A CAREER! This is just for money. and people looking on is perfectly fine. It's just that you need to be paid 25 cents to do a magic trick (Mainly cards) and whoever pays you, they choose the card.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results