Munich / Germany
A few weeks ago I came up with a fun 3 phase routine, in which a Paperclip gets
linked onto a Rubberband...

(https://vimeo.com/69776413)

Edit: Here's the link to the improved performance of the effect
https://vimeo.com/69806126

The effect is very visual and you can give everything to the spectator for
full examination at the end.

I just wanted to get some feedback and constructive criticism and I also wanted to know
if this is original or not.

Hope you like it ;)

Thanks in advance!

- Konrad

Last edited by a moderator:

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Well it seems original but the method seems a bit obvious. I could be wrong of course, but the problem with using a paperclip, is that everyone knows you can put stuff onto a paperclip. It's not like a ring which has no way of linking with anything. But a spectator could link the paperclip to the rubberband themselves, so the "magic" might not be there for some people. That's my only problem with it really.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Thank you for your reply Pav!

The Method you are talking about is not the one I use, so it is possible
to put some tape around the Clip, so that there's not way in and out, and you can also
use a Safety Pin, or so.
The forward and back motion for the first link is kind of misleading...sorry for that!

And you can do the link and unlink so slowly, that it is really obvious, that you
don't just put the Clip on the Rubberband, as a spectator would do.

I think the performance doesn't shows that very well, but maybe I will upload another, improved, one.

It is also possible to link the Clip by just slowly rubbing it against the Rubberband.

Have a great day!

- Konrad

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 23, 2011
i agree with Pav . i know you did not just insert the band through the opening of the paperclip but , this is one of those effects that even when you tell the spectator you DID NOT physically insert the band through the opening of the paper clip , they will STILL think you actually did . unless of course , you can prove them wrong . just saying :) upload an improved video man !

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
i agree with Pav . i know you did not just insert the band through the opening of the paperclip but , this is one of those effects that even when you tell the spectator you DID NOT physically insert the band through the opening of the paper clip , they will STILL think you actually did . unless of course , you can prove them wrong . just saying :) upload an improved video man !

Yea, I will upload an improved video, but, like I said, you can secure the Clip with tape, and
do it so slowly, that it is easy to prove them wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!

- Konrad

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Use that to your advantage, perform the full effect, they'll think they know how its done, let them examine the paperclip and rubberband to find that you soldiered the paperclip shut.

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Use that to your advantage, perform the full effect, they'll think they know how its done, let them examine the paperclip and rubberband to find that you soldiered the paperclip shut.

Thank you really much Tyler!
I will definitely try this and post a improved performance soon...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results