Closer, ring and string

Jul 2, 2015
OK so I'm looking for some ideas for how to perfect the closer in my finger ring and shoelace routine. Basicly the opener I take the ring off the rope when I'm holding both ends, the middle they're holding one and Ijokingly take the other and the ring comes off. The closer, the spectator is holding both ends of the rope, my hand is "holding" onto the ring in the center of the rope, (the ring is in my other hand).
this is where I'm a little unsure of what to do. lately I've been making the ring go through the rope and onto my finger. That's a pretty cool ending but I keep thinking that there has to be a better way to end. Like I said The spectator is holding both ends of the rope. they think it's still on the rope in my fist. It's actually palmed in my other hand.
What ideas do you guys have about how I could possibly end this better? Thanks in advance.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Change the ring into a diamond ring? Then act surprised.

Have the other ring, but have one where 25% is missing, and have both pieces in your hand. Again, act surprised.

Have the ring turn into an IOU (IOU one ring, love: Rope)

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
OK so I'm looking for some ideas for how to perfect the closer in my finger ring and shoelace routine. Basicly the opener I take the ring off the rope when I'm holding both ends, the middle they're holding one and Ijokingly take the other and the ring comes off. The closer, the spectator is holding both ends of the rope, my hand is "holding" onto the ring in the center of the rope, (the ring is in my other hand).
this is where I'm a little unsure of what to do. lately I've been making the ring go through the rope and onto my finger. That's a pretty cool ending but I keep thinking that there has to be a better way to end. Like I said The spectator is holding both ends of the rope. they think it's still on the rope in my fist. It's actually palmed in my other hand.
What ideas do you guys have about how I could possibly end this better? Thanks in advance.

John Gustafero has an ending where he takes the string ties it in a knot and pops it on and off in a visual manner. He finally pops the ring onto the string while it is around the spectators neck. The spectator can then take their ring and the string home with them.

I know many magicians will use some sort of ring flight to end their routines. This could be a very good closer.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results