Coin Books

First few chapters and a few videos on youtube. Before you give more advice, go read the first few chapters of bobo and a few videos on youtube and tell me how, at all, can that define your style at all? And DEPENDING on style, you may want to learn those old routines in bobo, OR, newer routines in newer books, depending on style. Even after that, you have to understand that entertaining back then is NOT the same as entertaining now. So EVEN if he wants the older style, he is still going to want to learn newer techniques in order to actually entertain the people of today. Every coin pro started in bobo? Really now? Ok.
I absolutely see what you are saying, truely I do. However, I simply believe that yes, by reading and practicing the sleights in the first few chapters, you can define YOUR OWN style. It is your own style in its purest form, as you have had no one else to follow after. Once you do each sleight in your own style (which is defined in simply the process of practice) you can refine it and alter it by watching others perform. Thats all I am trying to say, but I think I may be a little confusing in trying :D Oh well, I hope you can see what I am trying to say.

All the best,
-Chase

ahh yes i can respect that. I can see where that can go. Its a way to be creative. Thanks for an actual intelligent opinion. You get many of those on the internet. cheers mate.
Thank you for seeing it. I want you to realize that I completely agree with your approach to the situation as well. I think I was way too confusing in my earlier posts!

All the best,
-Chase

Aug 17, 2009
to suooliment it with Coinmagic by Kaufman or less contemparary books like, Downs' Art of Magic ,Sach's Sleight of Hand, or Buckley's Principles and Deceptions. Lots to read lts to see.
Welcome

Aug 17, 2009
Bobo's Modern Coin Magic is a good start. It is not the be all and end all, it was the opinion of an entertainer as to what he tought worked and what didn't. Other books you might want to look at that where contempoary to Bobo. Downs' Art of Magic, Sach's Sleight of Hand , and Buckley's Principles and Deceptions. More modern books CoinMagic by R Kaufman etc.

Hope this helped.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results