Coin levitation help

Jan 20, 2019
I was watching the tv show Lucifer on Netflix and the main character does this effortless coin levitation, and I wanted to get an effect as similar as possible to that. My attempts to tie close-up IT around a coin have thus far failed spectacularly. Does anyone know how to tie IT around a coin? Or a better method to do this.

For reference check out time code 6:20 of the pilot episode on Netflix, or its shown breifly at the start of this YouTube video

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Based on the coin not going in the other direction when it stops spinning and not reflecting any light (which can be seen on the coin) onto the glass, I think it is pretty much just satanic influence aka CGI.

To replicate, Fearson Hookup and wax.

Reactions: Justin.Morris

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
And check with your magic dealer for coins 'more suited' to this endeavor. I know Vanishing Inc carries some Tango items for this because I have one on my wish list. As soon as I figure out why, I'll pick it up.

Apr 2, 2017
California
I know I’m a bit late to the show but Tom Wright has a project called Oblivion. It’s my go to coin float, not the same as the clip but very, very strong.

It uses an ITR so make sure you got one of those.

hope it helps,

-Ned

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results