Coin Set questions

Jun 3, 2020
Im thinking of getting my first F**per Coin and I'm curious if they would fit inside an E/S or if the S**ll would need to come with the F**per as a set?

A few Google searches show about $150 starting range for a full set with all of the above, is that right or is there a less expensive way to put this together?

If dishing out that kind of cash, is it worth putting up a little extra for a gravity type or a magnetic type or something?

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Im thinking of getting my first F**per Coin and I'm curious if they would fit inside an E/S or if the S**ll would need to come with the F**per as a set?

A few Google searches show about $150 starting range for a full set with all of the above, is that right or is there a less expensive way to put this together?

If dishing out that kind of cash, is it worth putting up a little extra for a gravity type or a magnetic type or something?

They should fit. As far as the price it depends on the brand and coin (are you getting Kennedy Halfs or silver?) Some brands are Johnson, Tango, Kueppers, and Schoolcraft, ordered least to most expensive. There are of course others, but these are the most readily available. The more expensive ones are better, but the less expensive certainly work. It depends on your needs and desires. Gravity seems to be the preference these days. If you stick with one of the known brands and buy from a reputable source you will get your money's worth whichever you go with.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Probably best to order them together from someone like Roy Kueppers with a note explaining the F is used with the ES. Depending on which coins you are using, it may make sense to get 4 matching inserts with the shell so that you have a full set of coins that have similar finishes. A bit more expensive, but worth it.

Jun 3, 2020
I have a set coming from Roy Kueppers. He was super responsive and helpful and I'm coming in under budget, even with the additional inserts.
Of course now that I've spent some time on his website, I already have my eye on my next future purchase!

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
And they should last a long time. When I order cards i'm always thinking about how long until I have to order more. Looking forward to filling out my coins, probably including some Keuppers Kennedy halfs

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I have a set coming from Roy Kueppers. He was super responsive and helpful and I'm coming in under budget, even with the additional inserts.
Of course now that I've spent some time on his website, I already have my eye on my next future purchase!
Have they come yet? I went ahead and ordered the Kennedys as well along with a C/S and an English penny X set earlier this month. I'm not really expecting them soon, but we'll see. Let us know how yours you like them and when they arrive.

Jun 3, 2020
Have they come yet? I went ahead and ordered the Kennedys as well along with a C/S and an English penny X set earlier this month. I'm not really expecting them soon, but we'll see. Let us know how yours you like them and when they arrive.

Yes mine came right away and I'm very happy with them.

Jun 3, 2020
Sweet, there's hope for mine to arrive soon then! I'm scared to drop my silver so it will be nice to have these to play with.

Yeah, hopefully they'll come soon. I emailed and was responded to very quickly when I asked for an update and an ETA. The mail has been crazy lately though.

Reactions: DavidL11229
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results