Comedy in Magic

I HIGHLY disagree with what your saying. Saying that comedic magicians are the least talented, because there are sooooo many comedy magicians that have incredible card handling/coin handling/etc. And just use comedy to make there show more entertaining.

But further more, comedy is just a way of performing, they are performers that use comedy into there patter. So if your saying that they use jokes because it captures the audience and they dont need to have as much skill as other performers, then to be honest you would have to bash other guys like Wayne Houchin who doesnt use comedy, BUT uses amazing phycology/patter/performance to draw in his crowd and he doesnt use the most difficult sleights because he doesnt need to, he gets his point across with his performance and his basic sleights. And to me, that is an amazing performer.

I think that you have to look more into comedy magicians because their are an amazing number of them that are incredible in sleights, but just because their show is based on comedy does not mean they are not as good as others. If anything they are better, they found a way to draw in crowds without their sleights, and then use their comedy to supplement their magic. Plus comedy just adds a style of magic, and if we wernt different we would all be the same type of magician.... And thats just wack.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results