Completely Silent Clipshift

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
Recently I've found myself going back and relearning or refining old sleights that I've been doing for years but thought I'd like to brush up on.

The clipshift is something I've been doing for some time now but I decided to see if I could perfect it.

The 'sound' issue is something I have seen many people ask about, and usually it's the clicking sound as the card clears the deck. Hopefully that was cryptic enough to not be exposure. For people who do know the move though, that clicking is not my issue, I have no problem clearing the deck.

In fact my sound comes before that, it's a slight gliding and scraping sound as the card gets into a perpendicular position. It's not that noticeable during performance or even if there's some ambient noise, but when practicing in a silent room, you'll definitely hear it.

So I wonder, is it physically possible to have a completely silent clipshift, or am I being overly meticulous. Because let's face it, even the Top Change is not completely silent — unless I've been doing that move wrong for a decade too...:eek:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results