Cool Kickstarter deck for a good cause

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
First off, let me know if mentioning a new deck on Kickstarter is against the forum rules. I know you don't want people mentioning things for sale on ebay and such so I apologize if you don't like this post.

With that being said, this is an awesome deck of cards that, if funded, will also help an amazing charity. It is very similar to the Charity:Water decks that T11 sells (which, by the way, are fantastic cards for a great cause as well!). This deck is helping a charity called "Let Them LOL" which provides fresh water in Sierra Leone, Africa. If you guys like the design feel free to pick up a few decks! I'm personally very happy with how they've come out. Hope you do indeed like them!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whittaker/bicycle-let-them-lol-deck-of-playing-cards-the-wat

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
First off, let me know if mentioning a new deck on Kickstarter is against the forum rules. I know you don't want people mentioning things for sale on ebay and such so I apologize if you don't like this post.

With that being said, this is an awesome deck of cards that, if funded, will also help an amazing charity. It is very similar to the Charity:Water decks that T11 sells (which, by the way, are fantastic cards for a great cause as well!). This deck is helping a charity called "Let Them LOL" which provides fresh water in Sierra Leone, Africa. If you guys like the design feel free to pick up a few decks! I'm personally very happy with how they've come out. Hope you do indeed like them!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/whittaker/bicycle-let-them-lol-deck-of-playing-cards-the-wat
How much will be donated to charity? If the goal barely (or doesn't even) cover production costs, how does the charity benefit from this?

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
Here's the tricky thing. Kickstarter is very against having someone do a project to raise money or to give products to charity. Because of that I can't say the truth that 100% of any profit will go to Let Them LOL. $8,500 doesn't cover the cost ($9,500 will). If only the goal is reached and I pay the rest then, again, I can't say the truth that the charity will received the 1,000+ left over decks to sell on their site for years to come giving them profits with no cost to them.

I think you understand what I'm not officially saying ;)

Bryant_Tsu

Elite Member
Why don't you produce the decks in smaller quantities using Bicycle's "Promotional" Custom Printing. Minimum order is 100 decks (but can be much more). Your funding goal will be much smaller, everything is still custom, and it's easier to achieve overall. Say you produce 500 decks for fulfillment and order 750 for donation to the charity. Your production cost may be half of what your goal is.

matthewwhitt2

Elite Member
I did the research. If I want quality with 100% custom front, back, and tuck box the best option is to go with their minimum 2,500 deck order. I appreciate the suggestion, but I crunched the numbers over the past 2 years and this is the best way to go for the best quality/price using bicycle logo.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results