Costuming!!!!!

Sep 5, 2012
natefitz.wix.com
All right. I'm one o'those fellows who dresses up in a top hat and suit for most of my gigs- BUT I know that that is not how many magicians dress. Many modern magicians dress in tee shirts and blue jeans. So the question is: What do YOU do to make you look like a magician?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I wear a suit at every paying gig. The dress shirt under neath is normally a bright blue or bright purple and a nice tie that matches. I've never shown up at a gig in anything other than a suit. If is is 90 degrees or hotter out, I will sometimes take the jacket off at the gig.
The only problem with me wearing a suit is that I don't really have a "character" per say. I am just Rick Everhart, the close up magician.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I dress according to the gig. I've got a thing coming up where I'll be a fortune teller at a haunted corn maze thing. For that I've got a voodoo type outfit going, inspired by Baron Samedi. For my other haunted type work I'm going for a Victorian/steampunk image. Black suit, black short, black shoes, top hat, dark green/blue/red tie. Basically, very dark with a bit of color, and very nice.

Oct 4, 2012
I like the way the question is worded. I've seen several threads on various forums about what people wear while performing. This is first one where the question is about what they do to look like a magician. I've always felt the be at least as well dressed as the best dressed person there was a good baseline. Sadly that's not as hard to do as it used to be. I usually try to dress in character, I'm trying to go for a half con-man half gypsy that sells magical doo-dads kind of character and so I dress up in a three piece minus the jacket with a fedora that's half covered in buttons, sometimes I wear my magic top hat which has a voodoo veve on it.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Most of my clothes for my shows are from Buckle. I'm a modern guy but want you to know I did dress to do a show and not look sloppy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results