Creativity

b+w

Dec 10, 2008
York, United Kingdom
Hey guys, I'd like to discuss some questions and experiences I have reagrding creativity.
I've been doing cardistry for just over two years now and am looking into creating my own moves.
However, the problem I have is that when I'm playing around with the deck and trying to create moves, I always end up creating two handed cuts which I want to stay away from as I want to create something totally unique and original.
I am however experimeting with using other objects, for example my mobile phone with the cards.

So, I would like to know from as many members on this forum,
- How do you create moves? Are you focused on creativity, or does it just happen by accident when messing around with the cards.
- How do you stay away from creating two handed cuts (not that I dislike two handed cuts, but I think that to be unique and original, one must stay away from them) and create more original and groundbreaking moves?
- And finally, what are your thoughts on creating?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your responses.

-Ben

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
throw cards around in ways you know you can't do, and have never seen done. Only hold 1 card, half the deck...two decks...just play around outside of the box.

Jun 10, 2010
Hey guys, I'd like to discuss some questions and experiences I have reagrding creativity.
I've been doing cardistry for just over two years now and am looking into creating my own moves.
However, the problem I have is that when I'm playing around with the deck and trying to create moves, I always end up creating two handed cuts which I want to stay away from as I want to create something totally unique and original.
I am however experimeting with using other objects, for example my mobile phone with the cards.

So, I would like to know from as many members on this forum,
- How do you create moves? Are you focused on creativity, or does it just happen by accident when messing around with the cards.
- How do you stay away from creating two handed cuts (not that I dislike two handed cuts, but I think that to be unique and original, one must stay away from them) and create more original and groundbreaking moves?
- And finally, what are your thoughts on creating?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to your responses.

-Ben

Youtube.

When I first tried to create cardistry moves, I ended up creating two-handed cuts entirely. When I went to youtube, i search for tutorials on cardistry others made for their own cuts. It showed me ways I've never thought about to manipulate cards, and added a lot more variety to my creations.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
On a second thought, maybe try to come up with a quick sequence with a boxed deck. It will limit your moves, but should help expand your creativity.

Youtube.

When I first tried to create cardistry moves, I ended up creating two-handed cuts entirely. When I went to youtube, i search for tutorials on cardistry others made for their own cuts. It showed me ways I've never thought about to manipulate cards, and added a lot more variety to my creations.

I second this, this is an excellent way to expand your felds. If you see other things that are out there in may spark some ideas in your head

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results