Crotch Hold-Out?

Hey all...

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the crotch hold-out?? Let me explain real quick.

A friend of mine went to a Darwin Ortiz lecture, and Darwin explained it. Basically it's a form of crowd control, to keep the specs from grabbing something. If you don't want them to reach for it, put it right by your crotch (when your working at a table).

It's very unlikely that someone will grab ANYTHING in that region. So, I've been toying around with the idea for the past few weeks at Red Robin. It seems that every time I do my sponge ball routine, after they multiply, someone always reaches for them. Nothing wrong with that at all. But, these past few weeks I've been trying the hold-out and I've only had 1 person reach for it. So yea, it seems to make a big difference.

Just wanted to throw that out there in hopes someone might be able to get some use from it!!! :)

Best.
Steve

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
That would never work for me, for several reasons:

A. Most of the tricks I perform to are my female friends who would be comfortable in grabbing something from that area.

2. Some of my guy friends would think it odd that I would put something in that region, and therefore suck it up and grab it.

Wow, what a great tip. Thanks Steve & Darwin! I'll definitely try this out next time I'm using un-inspectable props at a table environment.

And LOL, Dark Angel, you have a very unique way of listing things :p

That would never work for me, for several reasons:

A. Most of the tricks I perform to are my female friends who would be comfortable in grabbing something from that area.

2. Some of my guy friends would think it odd that I would put something in that region, and therefore suck it up and grab it.

Highly doubt it....

1. They're FRIENDS. Not girlfriends, which means they won't be thinking like that. Most likely they won't want it to seem like they're trying to flirt with you, etc. I've performed for a few female friends myself and have used this with complete success.

2. Again, highly doubt it. In this overly judgmental world they wouldn't reach for it and people thinking they're gay. It's sad, but true.

The only people that would probably reach in that area are little kids. Why? Because they're too young to understand that's not an area people put their hands in. Plain and simple.

Good Luck and thanks for all the responses! :D
Steve

P.S. Let me know how it works for any of you that do use it. I'd be very interested in hearing about it....

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Highly doubt it....

1. They're FRIENDS. Not girlfriends, which means they won't be thinking like that. Most likely they won't want it to seem like they're trying to flirt with you, etc. I've performed for a few female friends myself and have used this with complete success.

2. Again, highly doubt it. In this overly judgmental world they wouldn't reach for it and people thinking they're gay. It's sad, but true.

The only people that would probably reach in that area are little kids. Why? Because they're too young to understand that's not an area people put their hands in. Plain and simple.

Good Luck and thanks for all the responses! :D
Steve

P.S. Let me know how it works for any of you that do use it. I'd be very interested in hearing about it....

1. No, they aren't girlfriends, or the slutty type, but we have good enough friendships that they could grab something from there in a non-sexual manner.

2. These guys all think it's funny to dry-hump each other and grope each other just so that their girlfriends will be more attracted to them, I wouldn't put it past them.

But this is a good idea, nonetheless.

Sep 24, 2007
God this thread was not what i had expected. I actually thought it was something about vinny marini's crimp move, also known as the thumb crotch! Hahahaha!

-Chicken

Sep 2, 2007
A variation of this principle would be to simply rub all your props on your crotch immediately after you bring them into your routine. This insures that the spectator won't reach for any of your materials.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results