Cube 3 Vs cube cards

Oct 3, 2019
Hi thanks for looking at my post.

So I decided to get into cube magic and got cube3 as my first one still learning how to solve a cube tho.

And then come across cube cards and was wondering can these both be used together as they both use a normal speed cube.

Or am I better just using one or the other.

Tia
Azza

May 3, 2018
I own Cube 3 by Steven Brundage. While I don't own Cube Cards, from the looks of the trailer it looks like a cube solve algorithm is used, and a few are taught in Cube 3, so if you're interested in buying both it would probably be a good purchase.

However, if you have Cube 3 and want to learn more cube magic, I highly recommend Takamiz Usui's lecture:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8970

There's a bit of controversy behind this, but the long and short of it is that the main technique that Steven Brundage teaches on Cube 3 is a minor variation of Usui's algorithm, which was the original one hand cube solve algorithm. Usui has some great cube magic tricks, including a cube match effect that is completely ungimmicked, and it's a great lecture for if you want some actual tricks and routines, which there aren't in Cube 3. But, definitely buy and learn the one hand solve from Cube 3 first, as it will give you a feel for cube magic, and it will be difficult to learn the basic move from Usui's lecture as the translator is a little confusing at times. Once you have learnt the one hand solve from Brundage, all of Usui's explanations for his routines will make perfect sense, and you'll be equipped with some powerful cube magic.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but I recommend getting Cube 3 and then Usui's lecture before anything else.

Reactions: Azzab85
Oct 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply I have just got cube3 am a complete novice but I will definitely look at the lecture you mentioned as I won't to use a cube as my closer to my walk around act so any help is much appreciated

Reactions: boychestermagic
Dec 15, 2020
Kerala, India
I own Cube 3 by Steven Brundage. While I don't own Cube Cards, from the looks of the trailer it looks like a cube solve algorithm is used, and a few are taught in Cube 3, so if you're interested in buying both it would probably be a good purchase.

However, if you have Cube 3 and want to learn more cube magic, I highly recommend Takamiz Usui's lecture:
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8970

There's a bit of controversy behind this, but the long and short of it is that the main technique that Steven Brundage teaches on Cube 3 is a minor variation of Usui's algorithm, which was the original one hand cube solve algorithm. Usui has some great cube magic tricks, including a cube match effect that is completely ungimmicked, and it's a great lecture for if you want some actual tricks and routines, which there aren't in Cube 3. But, definitely buy and learn the one hand solve from Cube 3 first, as it will give you a feel for cube magic, and it will be difficult to learn the basic move from Usui's lecture as the translator is a little confusing at times. Once you have learnt the one hand solve from Brundage, all of Usui's explanations for his routines will make perfect sense, and you'll be equipped with some powerful cube magic.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but I recommend getting Cube 3 and then Usui's lecture before anything else.

I got both of them. Did you find any advantage of Usui's technique over Brundage's or vice-versa ? What's your preferred method ? The method in Cube3 is basically the same moves but in a slightly different order. It's pretty much the same method in my opinion.

Corporate Magician

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
Hi Azzab85

You can definitely try and combine both 'Cube 3' by Steven Brundage and 'Cube Cards' by Kev G by structuring a routine together.

However the only thing that you should be aware of is that 'Cube 3' by Steven Brundage uses a variation of Takamiz Usui's algorithm for the instant solve and that 'Cube Cards' by Kev G actually uses Takamiz Usui's algorithm for the instant solve.

Regards

Corporate Magician

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results