Daniel Madison or Dan and Dave?

Jul 14, 2008
Depends on the level of experience, I would have to say Dan And Dave Buck Trilogy because it requires a long amount of practise to get it smooth.

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
I think Dan & Daves stuff is more complex and time consuming to learn, but Madison has some brilliant and simple concepts he utilizes that get lots of mileage simply because of how good they look. He does lots of arial stuff, lots of revolution cut enders, and he moves his entire body around too. Dan and Dave have more technical stuff that looks equally as good, plus it requires much more time and patience.

It is just a matter of taste really. I'm into both of their styles a lot.

May 18, 2008
Dan and Dave is harder stuff, but Daniel's in my opinion is far superior in many respects I am far to lazy to post now.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think that if you don't have too much experience you should go with the Trilogy. In my opinion Dan and Dave's teaching is far superior to Daniel Madisons. Also there is a lot more variety of moves on the Trilogy (not any 2 card, 1 car, or 4 card productions just straight up flourishes) Plus I think that Dan and Dave's moves are more visually pleasing.

I don't know aybe I'm biased because I started with the trilogy. I guess they both have their difficulties. Just see which flourishes you like better and then choose for yourself.

-Kevin

May 18, 2008
I got them both at the same time, when I had NO flourishing experience at all.

It was a lot of fun, trying to learn crap I had NO idea how to do.

But I watch Dangerous about 2 times a week and every time I get something new from it. (I litterally have watched Motion about... 90 times now?)

Trilogy is great but harder.

Dec 7, 2007
New Zealand
I think Dan & Daves stuff is more complex and time consuming to learn, but Madison has some brilliant and simple concepts he utilizes that get lots of mileage simply because of how good they look. He does lots of arial stuff, lots of revolution cut enders, and he moves his entire body around too. Dan and Dave have more technical stuff that looks equally as good, plus it requires much more time and patience.

It is just a matter of taste really. I'm into both of their styles a lot.

What he said

-manks

Jan 27, 2008
holy crap I hate these threads....
buy showoff 1&2, the system, and the EoPCF... don't get the trilogy. honestly, don't get anything by dm... he's great, but not original enough to be making dvd's.

May 18, 2008
Daniel Madison is very creative. He takes old things and makes them, well, new. Don't even start by saying that is a lack of creativity, because Dan and Dave and Andrei Jekh both like and admire d+Ms creativity.

Not only that, but he has style. And if it weren't for his DVDs (I have the Trilogy too) then I wouldn't be in flourishing today.

Don't say that he isn't creative enough to realease a DVD though. His magic and flourishing are like no one elses.

BTW, where is your Super-Creative DVD? I want to watch it and learn new moves!!!

Jan 27, 2008
Daniel Madison is very creative. He takes old things and makes them, well, new. Don't even start by saying that is a lack of creativity, because Dan and Dave and Andrei Jekh both like and admire d+Ms creativity.

Not only that, but he has style. And if it weren't for his DVDs (I have the Trilogy too) then I wouldn't be in flourishing today.

Don't say that he isn't creative enough to realease a DVD though. His magic and flourishing are like no one elses.

BTW, where is your Super-Creative DVD? I want to watch it and learn new moves!!!
I'm glad he got you into flourishing... if your serious about it though you want to show the world something new or that you can do something more amazing then everybody else. Learning a bunch of sybil variations won't help you.

Oh ya I saw your video, :), don't insult my skill level. And don't spell Andrei's name wrong.

-S.F.

Oct 13, 2008
If you're looking to get one, get The Trilogy, the teaching is far, far better and easier to follow. Motion has excellent material on it, but a lot of it is quite difficult not only to learn, but to execute as well.

Sun|Sky

Jun 10, 2008
Keene, TX
The trilogy is harder. The flourishes on there take alot more practice to pull off smoothly whereas it doesn't take as long to pull off the moves on Motion. I've got all the flourishes on Motion down pretty good but I still can't get a smooth Pandora or Tectonic Verb.

May 18, 2008
If you're looking to get one, get The Trilogy, the teaching is far, far better and easier to follow. Motion has excellent material on it, but a lot of it is quite difficult not only to learn, but to execute as well.

Sun|Sky

I disagree. I think the teaching on the Dangerous DVDs is FAR superior.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results