Daniel Madison's Anthology

So i recently acquired Anthology by Daniel Madison and the vastness of it has me lost. I've read a lot of it but i'm not sure which effects and gimmicks i should invest my time into. So i'm asking of anyone who owns anthology or any of Daniel Madison's works (considering they are all in anthology) to recommend a starting place for me or at least some of your favorite effects.

Feb 4, 2008
Just explore and have a good time with it. He is full of good ideas. If you are looking for something in particular I might get more specific but barring that, just enjoy it!

May 28, 2010
UK
Hi
Before I say this i should point out that i am not entirely a fan of gimmicks and so i tend to favour the sleight based tricks (having said that the burn book was a big game changer for me) some of my favourites are;
- The Gamblers cop (just as a move its amazing and it very subtle once you get it down)
- Angle zero
- Lapse
- Delusion
but for the most part try to read though all of it. Lectures 1, 2, 3 and 4 are very good at following on from each other, and to be honest you have to invest i bit of time with everything just to see if its your sort of thing.
hope this helps
Ben

Jun 25, 2008
The gambler's cop is a solid move that has lots of applications. As far as actual tricks are concerned, Angle Zero gets AMAZING reactions whenever I perform it. Definitely worth looking into in my opinion.

Mar 24, 2012
Angle zero is definitely a hard hitting trick. Especially when you build up the revelation... taking advantage of that is so fun :) I love that trick! Definitely check that out

Apr 6, 2011
Lansing, MI
Man, anthology is the basis for about half of my magic. It is a gold mine, he has tons of wonderful ideas in there. I would suggest reading the effect description, deciding whether you like it or not without looking at the method, and just choosing to learn the method no matter what. Some of his explanations can seem a little daunting, or sound like it just won't work. Trust me, if you just decide to put the effort in and figure out, it is all great material.

Mar 6, 2012
man that book its awesome. to be honest more than 90% of the magic i do it's from DM so i owe him alot of respect .definetly check out all his work

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results