david roth coin box

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
i was watching david roths coin box routines and was thinking about buying the set but i have a question about his tricks.

do you need a close up mat to preform his routines i.e noise a coin makes when putting it onto a table without a soft mat . my plan is to do the tricks anywhere by keeping the box into my pocket without carrying the mat around

Aug 17, 2010
There's a few routines he does that require a mat, some do not.

The guy has a ton of material - you'd have to be more specific.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
the close-up mat is there to:
1) provide a soft landing for your coins
2) not make a loud sound when the coins hit the table or hard surface
3) avoid scratching or marking the table or surface you're working on ie) you don't want to make a nice table because you tossed on some coins on the table to do "hang pien chen"

like the above post, it depends on the routine.
But you can use your own judgement on this one.
It's good to get a close up mat anyways. If you're planning to do moves like "hang pien chen" or a "chink-a-chink" sort of routine, it's nice to be able to do it on a table without worrying about scratching or dinging it. If not, you'll end up practicing on the carpet, which is less than ideal.

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
i like the trick david does with a slot box and half way thru he puts it under the lid .
i will be using just normal half dollers but i want just to carry a coin box and four coins and do it on any table with an ordinary plate mat so the tricks dont look to set up.

the roy kuppers seem to do a good coin box

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results