Death to the Double Undercut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Hey,
Since the other thread got locked for no reason, I decided to make a new one. I'm still waiting for an artists response, which I still haven't gotten. I'm not alone in this. Many many people want to see what they have to say on this.

Their is NOTHING disrespectful in this post, NO rules are being broken, so there is NO reason why it should be locked or deleted. We had a discussion before, it got a little out of hand, so it got locked. But now we are all simmered down don't have to argue anymore. The point of this thread is to get a response for an artist. Feel free to voice your opinions, just don't get it locked.

For anybody who didn't see the thread and wants to know what the heck I'm talking about, here- http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=10058

Its a long thread, but people have some good points and some bad points,so its worth the read.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
It's a flourishy double undercut that Joel created.

They have every right (in a moral AND legal sense) to sell it, for whatever price they deem reasonable (taking into account production costs and royalties).

Hell, I could sell a video showing people how to tie their shoes. If you don't want to spend money on it, then don't buy it.

The people who DO purchase it obviously see it as helpful, cool, or otherwise desire it; it's their decision. Theory11 is in no way swindling little kids.

Freakin' delete this thread before it too gets out of hand.

//Ben

Sep 1, 2007

They have every right (in a moral AND legal sense) to sell it, for whatever price they deem reasonable (taking into account production costs and royalties).

Hell, I could sell a video showing people how to tie their shoes. If you don't want to spend money on it, then don't buy it.

The people who DO purchase it obviously see it as helpful, cool, or otherwise desire it; it's their decision. Theory11 is in no way swindling little kids.

//Ben

Good post.

/thread

//Ben

YOur right but just like to point out he didn't create it. Just give up creeper.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Guys,

Just to chime in on this. We do read all of your feedback, and although we may not reply to a post instantly (it is a Sunday after all), we do take all professional, respectfully delivered opinions into careful account. We care. We listen. And when we feel it necessary, we act on it. As a side note, I do agree with the closure of the previous thread, as comments began to be off-topic, disrespectful towards both Joel and eachother, and unprofessional in conduct. Constructive feedback, however, is always appreciated to the Nth degree.

As many have stated already, there is a world of difference between a YouTube tutorial shot in someone's living room and a professionally produced video with intricate instruction by one of this industry's leading professionals. Joel is a professional performer and a creator who deserves respect on both accounts. Personally, Believe is something I perform at least twice a day - it's borderline offensive. I performed it last night at a show downtown, and it was the one effect that made 'em freak the most. That said, this week's 1-on-1 was obviously simple - not a knucklebuster, but of great value to those on a beginner ability level. The reviews from purchasers echo that.

However, as this is a simple 1-on-1 focusing on just one move, I agree with sentiment expressed by Creeper and some others that the pricepoint could have and should have been more reflective of that fact. 10 times out of 10, I would rather admit shortcomings or fault than pretend like it didn't exist and ignore it. There's nothing wrong with being wrong as long as you own it and you fix it.

I do think that Joel's move is a great concept, but a more judicious pricepoint would have been $2.95 for this item. So we'll make that happen. As I'm writing this, I brought in our support crew (who just got back from a Sunday boat trip that I am 85% jealous of) and have changed the price in the 1-on-1 section - and even refunded the difference in price to everyone that has purchased it thus far.

Appreciate everyone's feedback and know that we will take it into account in production of all new 1-on-1's for the months to come. We don't guarantee that each 1-on-1 will appeal to everyone, but we will do our damndest to try.

Apr 28, 2008
Thanks JB, I appreciate this. It's good to know that you listen to us.

T11 have regained a lot of respect from me for this.

Sep 1, 2007
Wow, JB, thanks. As other people have said, I respect the company more because of this. Thanks again,
Creep

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Bayme-

First off, I think what you just did was extremely awesome, so you definitely get this:

Second- I think you guys that were complaining are... well, I don't know how to put it nicely. Let's just say I think you should grow up. And I'm hoping right now that I will NEVER see the words "Theory11 is getting greedy." or anything like it again.

Aug 5, 2008
t11 gets one of this

from me too,That was actually pretty awesome,Ellusionist would have never done something like that and they would have probably charged 10$ for it

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
t11 gets one of this

from me too,That was actually pretty awesome,Ellusionist would have never done something like that and they would have probably charged 10$ for it

Uhh... dude... you can't give away the Seal of Awesomeness- that's kind of my thing. You could find your own Seal of... Coolness. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results