Diabetes Magic?

Hey all. Here's the deal, I'm Diabetic, and have been for a few months now. I always try to make light of my situation as much as possible and was hoping we could have a brain storming session of ideas for effects that could intertwine with Diabetes. I have methods for reveals on my blood glucose monitor, but I'm still thinking of extraordinary possibilities with my needles, glucose monitor, and other items.

This is something really unique that I think we could have a lot of fun brainstorming about :).

Thanks guys and girls.

Mitchell

Oct 11, 2007
Hmmm, somehow related...There is an effect, Ladybug I think it is called where a finger is pricked and the blood droplet is squeezed that comes out and it turns into a ladybug that then crawls up your arm. I suppose you could use that idea with one of those lancelet needle shooters if you knew the method. I think the knife itself is kind of gimmicked but you could make your thing similar.

A classic kid trick is the needle through the balloon...

The reveal on the monitor would be cool...

I suppose any idea that uses something sharp can be used with those things and different patter. I don't know though, your going to need creative patter to make it fit good. I think with the diabetic thing there are some jokes you can make about various sugary foods and candies. Making candy or such disappear and whatnot, pulling it out of your stomach?;)

Oct 14, 2007
You could do some fun patter into a needle through arm. . .and yeah, you could have someone pick a number and have it come up on your monitor some how. . .

Sep 1, 2007
Philippines
You could do Stigmata with a different patter. Perhaps something along the lines of how the excess glucose in the blood allows you to do strange things with it.

Oct 14, 2007
After someone picks a card or what ever have an alarm go off and complain about blood sugar. As a gag pull out either a sugar packet or a big bag of sugar (like what you get in bulk at a grocery store). If you use the packet, make a folded piece of paper come out of it with the answer or something or using either you could do a sugar version of an ashes on arm trick :eek:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results