Digital Conviction- Robert Smith Initials Thoughts

May 27, 2008
WV
www.sinimagic.com
I know a few were looking for reviews so hopefully this answers some questions.

Though I initially planned to wait on numerous reviews, I took the plunge last night and bought the DVD and digital download and stayed up way past my bedtime watching it. I met bSmith once before and know he works on an effect a long time in bars/street for real people before he would ever think of releasing anything. You can tell a lot of thought was put into this and it wasn't rushed to the market.

Let me first say, if you practice you will be able to make it work EXACTLY like you saw in the demo. Meaning:
1. They freely select a card
2. You or they insert it into the middle of the deck.
3. You then pull out a joker (or any card for that matter) and write their initials on it.
4. Take a picture of the card with their initials on it with either your camera phone or theirs (they can even be in the picture as well)and they can watch you take the picture through the screen, then place their phone face down in their hand
5. The card visually changes to their selected card WITH THEIR INTIALS NOW ON IT.
6. You reveal the phone now has a picture of their selected card, intials and all.

Pro's
-What you see it what you get. The effect works just like they say in the demo and on the website.
-If can be done with a borrowed camera phone
-It could also be done with a borrowed deck (though I don't think that adds anything)
-The teaching goes further than just moves, b teaches the psychology, body language and key patter as well.
-There is no set up required
-If you have a camera phone, a deck of cards and a sharpie you're all set
- Alternate handlings are taught for different performance situations
- He covers some good "what ifs" to keep you out of trouble

Cons
-A beginner may have trouble with one of the sleights, but an intermediate card worker should have no issues and may even use an alternate sleight.
-Not a huge deal to me but crediting could have been a little better. While some names were credited during the performance, they were left off the end credits and he also wasn't sure whose move he was using at one point. Again, not a big deal to me but some others may get irritated.

Final Verdict-
bSmith has come up with a great effect that can be done at almost anytime. The best part is at the end of it you can leave them with something to show their friends and he even gives some ideas of how to leave them with your phone number. If you liked the demo, you won't be disappointed.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
Thank you for the review. I'm going to get this soon. I think I'll actually use it.
I do have one question though. Is there any clean up you have to do on their phone after you perform the effect?

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Just got this.

Great effect, this one is a worker that you can use in any situation, no set up or anything and the phone is clean.

One of the strongest effects you can do is to have someone pick a card and loose it in the deck and then change their card into another card with a color change and this adds allot to it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results