Do you have a deck of Jerry's?

yeah, i want some for my collection but am having a hard time finding any. I'll just have to wait i guess and hope i win some somehow. or start saving.

I'd be tempted to open them, but i wouldn't unless i had more than 2. 1 red and 1 blue for the collection then the next one to play with.

if anyone can help me acquire some please don't hesitate to pm me.

cheers

i just wanted to know who has a deck of jerry's

if anyone has a cool story as to how they came by their deck, please share.

Here are a few fun stories I'd like to share. The first of which regarding our very own Chris Hestnes, and the first time we spoke:

The story begins in mid-2005 with the normal deal of looking at items on eBay. Without expecting much response, I search for Jerry's Nuggets. Only to my surprise that I did indeed find a few up for grabs. Better still, they ended in a few hours. I waited a while and finally decided to pluck up the courage and actually bid on one. Low and behold, I almost immediately got a PM on the Dan and Dave Forums, from a guy called "Wezelon" (Chris Hestnes' old username). He stated that he was also looking at that pack, and to make things fair on us we should bid on seperate items. With that, the PMs were flooding back and forth, as we spoke endlessly about how much we wanted a deck. Eventually, we decided to swap emails and spoke together on MSN Messenger; thus, making a better conversation.

In the end I don't think we did get the decks but the friendship, I have to say, made up for it. Thanks for the memories, Chris! :)

The second and last story I have to tell, is regarding a friend of mine, Craige. It wasn't terribly long ago, and was only a few months at the most. It started when I was sat at my computer playing with my Jerry's (as vulgar as it may sound) and I suddently received an invitation by Craige to start streaming my webcam. It was one of the first webcam sessions I had with Craige, and so to break the ice, I decided to, well.. rip a few of them up. The reaction, as they say, was priceless.... :)

I still have the peices left with me now, and whenever I send out packages to people, I always put a few of them in. =D

Well, those are a few stories I can tell regarding these beauties (the decks, by the way).

Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
Here are a few fun stories I'd like to share. The first of which regarding our very own Chris Hestnes, and the first time we spoke:

The story begins in mid-2005 with the normal deal of looking at items on eBay. Without expecting much response, I search for Jerry's Nuggets. Only to my surprise that I did indeed find a few up for grabs. Better still, they ended in a few hours. I waited a while and finally decided to pluck up the courage and actually bid on one. Low and behold, I almost immediately got a PM on the Dan and Dave Forums, from a guy called "Wezelon" (Chris Hestnes' old username). He stated that he was also looking at that pack, and to make things fair on us we should bid on seperate items. With that, the PMs were flooding back and forth, as we spoke endlessly about how much we wanted a deck. Eventually, we decided to swap emails and spoke together on MSN Messenger; thus, making a better conversation.

In the end I don't think we did get the decks but the friendship, I have to say, made up for it. Thanks for the memories, Chris! :)

Aww man, the old days. I remember we used to sit and jam for 8-12 hours straight, every day, for like 6 months. I am glad we share the same amount of interest in these cards. Think about what we could have been without it.

Jordan, I'll miss you at Magic Weekend. But I'll see you at Blackpool ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
If you're getting Jerry's Nugget cards by paying more than $20 and proceed to break the seal open, I reserve the right to call you an idiot.

What do Jerry's Nugget cards look like to your average spectator? Playing cards. What if they want to use them to play games, which they are intended for anyway? Big NO-NO! If you tell them why, they'll probably look at you as if you're an idiot. Wouldn't you rather use playing cards that you actually DARE to rip, sign, toss, lubricate and even give away without spending a fortune? To all people out there who break the seal of their $100 Jerries, I hope you'll do a bear-trap motion with your legs in order to stop gravity from having it's way with your cards, creasing one of those bastards.

I tried some Jerry's Nugget cards out at FISM, I can't really say I think much of them. Sure the stock and finish is quite different from our everyday Bicycle and Tally-Ho cards, but that doesn't make up for the fact that I can get dozens of Bikes/Tallys for the same price as I can get one Jerry's Nugget deck for.

I love the fact that Lee Asher is ripping them up during lectures and conventions, and that he's using them to perform his Fingerbox of death. While making some people groan, it makes some people understand that it's still just playing cards, despite being a bit hard to obtain due to some reasons.

All the best to you people that are using Jerry's Nuggets which you paid less than $10 for, but as for the rest of you, I hope your 2-year-old little sister gets ahold of them.

Well you can call me an idiot. I paid over $120 for one blue deck that i opened, fanned a couple of times, put back in the box where they will stay for god knows how long. I actually regret owning these cards because every time i see them it reminds me of what a fool i was. Unless you are a collector just dont bother , they are nothing special. Just buy 50 decks of Tallys that you will actually use

hey thanks for those stories, i didn't think i'd get many.

most people say they don't even like the backs, and that they are a waste of time. i mainly just wanted some for my deck collection, but if i could actually get a couple I'd try them out, maybe for a special performance.

cheers guys

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results