Does anyone know what the name of this trick is???

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
You are going to be disappointed... it called "The Fidgeting Card." It is published in L.I.N.T. and is by Bill Kalush. A similar effect is Perversion in Totally Out of Control. The legacy of the plot goes back further to James Lewis's Inversion and Richard Kaufman's "The World's Fastest Reverse."

Thanks for posting that video... Bill looks so young. If you don't know who Bill is, check out the Conjuring Arts Research Center.

Mar 31, 2019
Yeah ever since I heard Blaine talk about him on Joe Rogan Podcast I've been interested. Apparently he very rarely shows any one tricks.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Why disappointed?

It was a joke based on the name being exactly what he talked about during his performance.

Yeah ever since I heard Blaine talk about him on Joe Rogan Podcast I've been interested. Apparently he very rarely shows any one tricks.

I was fortunate to have Bill give me a tour of the CARC library in NYC a couple of years ago. If anyone knows me, they know how much I love the history of magic. Among other things, Bill showed me a book from the 1600s with illustrations that worked in the same manner as the 21 card trick. So much cool stuff there. We went out to lunch afterward, but now that you mention it, none of us performed any magic.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.
Mar 31, 2019
Dude that is awesome. Blaine said something like "does a painter paint to paint or does a painter paint to show people." Really changed my perspective on my magic and practice looking at the art that way.
Anyways I would love to check that out if I'm ever in NY.
Also recently bought LINT and am looking into that trick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results