Double Lift

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
This is going to sound mean, but you expect us to give you something for nothing? The books mentioned cheap. Hell, look up Royal Road to Card magic, it's like 10 dollars tops and has good advice in it.

If you can't afford that, then you're obviously a lost cause.

Aug 7, 2012
Dan and Dave did a pretty good job explaining double lifts!I personally like strike double lift and a self working one. I used to use push off double lift, but then some of my friend suggested that it was too fancy or natural, and it would only bring suspicions, therefore I stopped using push off double lift while ago.

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
I recommend learning the pinky count first
and then you can go to learn multiple types of double lefts :)

You don't need pinky count for double lift, he is a beginner. He can push two cards and then get a break or he can just riffle through the deck and stop at last two cards to get a break. There are lots of options, but I recommend just lift two cards without a break. i think it is not that hard to do.

Some tutorials on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cormm74W3Gk&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0T08Wk6VEI&feature=plcp

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
The pinky count is very good. It is worth learning eventually and is not as hard as people think, especially if you are only using it for breaks under 2 cards! It honestly only took me a few days of 5 minute a day practice to get it decently.

Actually the Pinky Break is really Simple
THE SECRET To do it easily is to lower your ring finger more than the level of other fingers
Being a Beginner doesn't mean he can't learn it
Foundations are the most important thing
If you wonna be ready for a double left U need a Pinky Break (I know some double lefts don't need it)
And pinky break is the Best with no Doubt

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
Maybe you are right, but I do double lift without any breaks, it is easier for me. I use pinky count only when I need to do triple lift.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm still trying to track down that Aaron Fisher clip. There are a handful of double lifts and turn overs in Expert Card Technique. Here's a sample for free. It's starts on page 3. CLIP

This book teaches a few double lifts with a couple different get readys. The pinky count can help a double lift but it by no means is the only way to get ready, and it is not the best for every situation.

Dec 29, 2011
The Jason England One on One is excellent for learning several double lifts, I think he teaches about 5, between the strike double and pinky count double you should be able to pick up two or more cards in any situation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results