Double Lift

Jul 31, 2012
Canada
I need help with my double lifts, could anyone maybe post a link to a video of an easy one, or tell me here on the forum how to do it?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
This depends on the kind of turnover you are doing. Some are more knacky than others, while some are also very easy and natural looking.

But just practice it slowly and you should end up getting it soon enough.

Jul 31, 2012
Canada
i cant practice if i dont know the maneuvers i need to do. i dont know how to get the pinky break or anything, so i cant practice it.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
And where would i find that?

Sorry :/ I'm at work and I can't get on itunes or youtube. I wanna say it's like the first episode on itunes. It'as been a little while since he posted it so it may have changed. It was free though and I think it was on itunes.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
Some times it's useful to make your own double lift. Try turning a single card over a few times just to get an understanding of how your double lift should look; they should look the same. Experiment with some different double lifts, find the one you're comfortable with. Everyone is different

Jebzy

Elite Member
Jun 22, 2012
Latvia
Just try to find tutorial on YouTube, there are lots of good double lift tutorials. If you don't want to spend money and you don't have to then just search on YouTube. There will be peoples that don't agree with me, but I think if you want just a simple double lift, you don't have to buy a book or DVD.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I'm still trying to track down that Aaron Fisher clip. There are a handful of double lifts and turn overs in Expert Card Technique. Here's a sample for free. It's starts on page 3. CLIP

Jul 31, 2012
Canada
ok well, i watched about half a video on youtube, then stopped when the guy started naming stuff that didnt need to be done, so i improvised and got an ok double lift down.

Sep 2, 2007
London
lack of money, no where to purchase even if i did.

You know there are a lot of reputable online magic retailers, also you'll find a lot of basic magic books in most libraries. I would recommend saving up and buying The Royal Road to Card Magic. I'm not exactly sure of the exchange rate, but it won't be any more than about ten to fifteen Canadian dollars, and it will repay that investment many times over. It's been considered the standard text for beginning card magicians for around sixty years.

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
My problem is i dont know how to get a grip on ywo cards without it being completely obvious. I cant because i dont know of any.

Look at the Strike Double and the Push Off Double. These are the most common and natural looking double lifts. Both of them use a similar principal; don't worry about the grip. Use gravity to do the work for you. Tip the two cards slightly and use gravity to complete the flip. When holding the double, try slightly bending the cards together or holding them very lightly. It's just a bit of a knack, you'll get it.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results