Duck Change help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2016
I picked up the duck change a few days ago from Asad's channel. I have been practicing it a fair bit and so far my main problem is aiming it to land on the deck I am holding. I am flicking with my right hand and holding the deck with my left hand. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Oct 29, 2016
Also I realize this may be more fitting in the magic forum. If it could be moved that'd be great. I apologize for the misplacement.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
It's been a while since I've played with this idea. Greg Wilson did a bunch of work on this idea years ago.

A couple things that might help.
- keep your middle finger just in from the corner as opposed to on the corner
- practice with one card first, then work with two.
- practice with the card just an inch or less off your other hand just until you get the feel, then try at 4-6 inches away (enough so the card can flip)
- use a very light touch. Bend the card a small amount. Too much bend = too much force and the card has too much energy to control. The cards should barely bend really. Easy does it!

Reactions: David Brooke
Oct 29, 2016
Thank you Justin I'll keep working on it. This is a hard one to conquer but where is the fun in easy ;)

Dec 14, 2017
Wow - Justin's advice has taken me from weeks of "cards separating and flying out sideways" to "my god... they actually flipped over!"

The thing that made the most difference was the advice to be really gentle with it, and use the bare minimum of pressure. Thanks, Justin!

Reactions: Justin.Morris
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results