Elite Points: What are you saving up for?

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
It's always a fun question to ask every now and again. Very straight forward, especially with the Holiday Wheel rolling in...pun intended, sorry.

Those crazy Elite Points you're (hopefully) stocking up, what are you saving up for?

I'll start by saying I want to get the 8K Cardistry Session. Ironic as I have nearly depleted all of my Elite Points. Saving money was okay at the time, but I have some cardistry questions that (I think) only Andrei can answer.

Toss up between the Brown Wynns and the Players. I've wanted to get my hands on both for about the same about of time now but I may lean towards the Players to help grow my Madison collection.

That being said I have a good feeling that by the time I get enough points both of those will be gone, and I'll have another line up of things to have to choose from, haha.

Alex Hancock

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
London, UK.
I'm quite fond of the uncut sheets but at the moment they are all still in their rolls awaiting my move to a bigger flat (some day...). I'd like the Players deck though... might need more than a Christmas Wheel to get me there though (well unless I win on it of course).

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
You can EASILY get your few hundred during the month of December with the Holiday Wheel.

You'll get your Rarebits this year, trust me
That is what i thought last year i wanted the JAQK and everyone was getting 1000 points except for me Facebook groups was insane all about the wheel then all the decks are gone BTW is it surely that T11 will do it this year ? anyway i still have hope and I'm planning to make a Wire download soon i think it is the best solution for me :)

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
That is what i thought last year i wanted the JAQK and everyone was getting 1000 points except for me Facebook groups was insane all about the wheel then all the decks are gone BTW is it surely that T11 will do it this year ? anyway i still have hope and I'm planning to make a Wire download soon i think it is the best solution for me :)

While I can't say for sure. I will say that living in Las Vegas for 12 years taught me how to play odds pretty well.

Holiday Wheel is an absolute smash. Why wouldn't they? Considering that, this year, they haven't done a mid-year contest. That means that all the good stuff is getting shunted right into the Holiday Wheel. There is no reason why it shouldn't be nightmarishly massive this year.

At least, that's what I'm hedging my bets on.

Dec 29, 2011

I'm sure someone more official can confirm, but I think the holiday contest has been on for the last 4 years at least, pretty safe to say it will be on again.

Khaleel Olaiky

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2013
I'm sure someone more official can confirm, but I think the holiday contest has been on for the last 4 years at least, pretty safe to say it will be on again.

No it has been on for 2 years only ... i remember thinking last year about what they are going to do and i was surprised that they did it again ... T11 was always been generous, last year they giveaway too much, and a lot of people got their elite memberships,

which leads us to the question:
Is more free elite memberships is a bad thing for the company ?

If yes they wouldn't do it again
BUT if it is a good thing they are definitely doing it.

Fox13

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2014
They are not actually giving away free membership, but rather helping your elite points increase, and thus give an incentive to buy a little bit more, on each order.

10,000 pts is the equivalent of 1,000$ in purchases. That is a substantial amount for most buyers, but it accumulates over time, so if you are patient enough it is within reach for most of us. If you crave for a specific prize (some of the low-end decks or uncut sheets for example) and you lack about 100 to 200 pts, you might just buy one or two more decks with any purchase just to hit that target and snatch that prize sooner. But if you are just starting to collect points, you are just so far that you won't be tempted to buy more, you might even think that the membership is out of reach.

The holiday wheel helps buyers progress in a way that teases you to hit milestones. It helps you get started faster and start dreaming about that or this prize that is now just a little more accessible, or it gets you just additional points to get you start dreaming about that membership card. So you start dreaming and wishing, and then you buy more (we all saw that happen with the iPhone initially...).

So, I think the holiday wheel is a good thing for T11 overall, as more customers will buy more (I know I do). And with releases such as the Limited Mailchimps this year, we, as buyers, will have more and more reasons to want that membership card.

However, as more and more people get that 10,000 mark, I wouldn't be surprised if new membership levels see the light of day, just light like most frequent-flyer programs are doing with bronze, silver and gold memberships.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
They are not actually giving away free membership, but rather helping your elite points increase, and thus give an incentive to buy a little bit more, on each order.

10,000 pts is the equivalent of 1,000$ in purchases. That is a substantial amount for most buyers, but it accumulates over time, so if you are patient enough it is within reach for most of us. If you crave for a specific prize (some of the low-end decks or uncut sheets for example) and you lack about 100 to 200 pts, you might just buy one or two more decks with any purchase just to hit that target and snatch that prize sooner. But if you are just starting to collect points, you are just so far that you won't be tempted to buy more, you might even think that the membership is out of reach.

The holiday wheel helps buyers progress in a way that teases you to hit milestones. It helps you get started faster and start dreaming about that or this prize that is now just a little more accessible, or it gets you just additional points to get you start dreaming about that membership card. So you start dreaming and wishing, and then you buy more (we all saw that happen with the iPhone initially...).

So, I think the holiday wheel is a good thing for T11 overall, as more customers will buy more (I know I do). And with releases such as the Limited Mailchimps this year, we, as buyers, will have more and more reasons to want that membership card.

However, as more and more people get that 10,000 mark, I wouldn't be surprised if new membership levels see the light of day, just light like most frequent-flyer programs are doing with bronze, silver and gold memberships.
I know last year, they gave away 10 'Instant Elite / 10K' point prizes. I'm pretty sure that will also be an option this year (as that's what I'm going to shoot for anyway).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results