Ever Wonder?

Feb 17, 2009
Bethlehem PA
I always wondered why J.B Bobos Modern coin magic was only like 12 bucks and then they have all these other books that are like 35 bucks and up and some of these books only cover like 5 routines and the sleights from most of these routines are basically already covered in Bobos. I always wondered why Bobos book was so cheap when its supposed to be the bible of coin magic. You would think this gem would sell for more with all the information in it.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Yea, if you wanna buy the original Modern Coin Magic book (I'm not sure if they still exist) it would cost like hundreds of dollars.

Dover simply made a reprint of it so it's cheap.

Feb 22, 2008
A little history............

A while back, Bobo's copyright for Coin Magic expired and Dover picked it up and started reprinting the book. A few years later, Bobo reprinted his original Coin Magic and added a few more chapters and renamed it Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic. This book is for sale at most magic shops and costs about $30. The Dover edition is much cheaper because it is put out by a major book publisher so the cost associated with producing the book is less and they can then pass on the savings to the customer. Bobo's newer version (and most magic books for that matter) are produced in smaller runs and by smaller publishers and because of that, the overhead cost per book is much greater so they must be sold at a higher price.

Jul 8, 2008
Why was this $10 when Wayne Kawamoto's book was $30 and didn't go into nearly as much detail as Bobo did ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results