Facade issues

Dec 4, 2016
Anyone else having some issues with Facade? I couldn't get the filter to show up at all on Windows. On the Mac side, it works, but in the Studio View mode the view is bugged, after following the steps as shown.

Dec 4, 2016
Update: I was able to fix the Windows side by uninstalling Magic Mask and OBS, then reinstalling OBS and then reinstalling MM.
I'm still unable to get the Studio View mode to show as the video instructs -- my side swaps Preview and Program relative to what I'm seeing in the instructions. (I'm probably doing something wrong, I'll keep at it)

May 18, 2020
I installed OBS first then MM. Windows Defender blocked MM from being installed. Just curious if you had that happen to you?

Dec 4, 2016
I didn't have MM get blocked during install, no. It installed successfully but didn't show up in OBS. I think it *may* have chosen the wrong installation path, and then on subsequent reinstalls of OBS and MM it continued to auto-default to that. Only when I *uninstalled* MM did I finally see the path during reinstall and confirmed it was in the correct location.

Dec 4, 2016
Also, to clarify in my first post about OBS Studio Mode and MM being bugged, I actually suspect the demo video has other settings or some other differences that aren't mentioned in the video. I specifically think they may have turned OFF the "Duplicate Scene" (which defaults to On). Doing that (and I'm not sure what other settings I've messed with now) seems to get pretty close to the video tutorial. Getting there!

May 8, 2013
Update: I was able to fix the Windows side by uninstalling Magic Mask and OBS, then reinstalling OBS and then reinstalling MM.
I'm still unable to get the Studio View mode to show as the video instructs -- my side swaps Preview and Program relative to what I'm seeing in the instructions. (I'm probably doing something wrong, I'll keep at it)

I have the same issue in terms of the Studio Mode. The 'Live Output' shows the screen minus the Magic Mask filter. So the preview screen is not what the audience sees. It works perfectly otherwise.

Mar 29, 2021
How'd you get it to appear in filters?? It's not showing up for me even after uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times

Dec 14, 2017
I have to say I found the instruction video that comes with Facade next to useless. It seems to assume a lot of knowledge about video editing etc. that I simply don't have. It was only after one of the members here kindly spent some time walking me through it that I was able to get anywhere at all, and to be honest I still think I'm doing it in a less-than-optimal way. It's a great effect but really, it needs to come with a full and detailed walkthrough from set-up to actually performing the trick, start to finish. I mean everything you have to do, and in what order. I would have simply given up on it had I not found personal help.

Come on, Theory11 - sort this out!

SudarshanSorcerieS

Elite Member
May 15, 2020
Boston, MA
Well, I'm not reading that long message, but what I can take from that is that you have a problem with studio mode. Remember for studio mode to work, you need 2 different cameras.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results