Fair Shuffling

Sep 29, 2018
My fair shuffling is very clunky and I’m afraid jumping into false shuffling may be premature. I have two questions: 1. Is this a problem and do I need to practice fair shuffling first? And 2. Is there a good resource for getting better at shuffling? Thanks all!

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
Yes, you should learn to shuffle fair as well as false but learning the false shuffles should help your standard shuffles. So I wouldn't worry too much about learning standard shuffles first unless you are having particular difficulty with the false shuffles. What false shuffles are you looking at?

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
My fair shuffling is very clunky and I’m afraid jumping into false shuffling may be premature. I have two questions: 1. Is this a problem and do I need to practice fair shuffling first? And 2. Is there a good resource for getting better at shuffling? Thanks all!

Read The Royal Road to Card Magic and follow it to the letter. You won't regret it. It starts with the Overhand Shuffle actually has two sections on it. You will learn: "Position of the Pack , Execution of the Overhand Shuffle, Using the Overhand Shuffle: Controlling the Top Card/Controlling the Bottom Card--- Retaining the Top and Bottom Cards-- Top Card to Next to Bottom and Back-- The Run-- The Injog-- The Undercut/ Overhand Shuffle Control: Retaining Top Stock Overhand Flase Shuffle Overhand Shuffle Practic Routine. and some tricks using the Overhand Shuffle."

I can't emphasize how important it is to learn these fundamentals and the outset.

And don't forget to practice, practice, practice....Hope this helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results