False Cuts

Aug 3, 2009
Do any of you think it is good idea to slip in a few simple false cuts while genuinely shuffling the cards? Not making a big deal about or anything, but for instance when you begin a routine and bring out a fresh deck of cards and are mixing them up before you get started just nonchalantly slip in a false cut or two. The reason i was thinking about doing this is to attempt to fortify the validity of the shuffle or cut. That way when you want to do a false shuffle or cut, you do something that they have seen and it looks natural. I am asking because i also see that there is a possibility of someone catching the fact that it is fake simply from giving them more chances to view it. Any Thoughts?

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
When I bust out a new deck in front of a spec, I mix in my false cuts right along with the real shuffles and cuts. If your spectator sees you using your false cuts in an honest true shuffle sequence, they have no reason to suspect it is false later. Just let your spectators subconsciously learn how you shuffle. They won't even notice later.

L

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results