Favorite Magicians?

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
David Copperfield is the one who first sparked my interest in magic at a young age, and will forever be my biggest inspiration in magic. It wasn't till years later when I began practicing the art that I began learning more magicians who fanned the flames of my passion. Michael Ammar, Larry Jennings, Dai Vernon, Daryl Martinez, Michael Vincent, Harry Lorayne, Bill Malone, Tony Slydini, and Ricky Jay. Real masters of the craft and amazing performers.

Reactions: Robert1996

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ricky Jay for his raconteur personality, dry humor, and total, understated control of the stage.

Derren Brown for his charm and ability to create an engaging show that resonates with audiences.

Penn & Teller for their ability to convey their beliefs through beautiful magic.

Teller especially for his ability to create magic and beauty in silence.

Mac King for being able to be funny and family friendly without being a clown.

Alain Nu because of him as a person.

Daniel Greenwolf for the same reason.

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
David blaine seems like one of those magicians thats too mainstream to enjoy, but hes just so damn good.
Something about his performance style is so unique i just love to watch him. It's almost funny how little he seems to react when hes showing people magic.
Everything he does is simple and to the punch, really helps me think outside of the box for my own routine.

I also really like Kevin Yu

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
Pete Firman, Barry and Stuart, and Mac King. Because they always make me laugh

Aug 4, 2015
I love Apollo Robins and David Copperfield. Their misdirection is exemplary. The only difference between a con artist, a pickpocket, and an illusionist is their goal.

Reactions: David Brooke

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
David Williamson
Gregory Wilson
Joshua Jay
Daniel Garcia
Geraint Clarke
Paul Harris

willtupper

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2009
Many, many already listed. And also:

Misty Lee
Katherine Mills (amazing piece on her in the new issue of Genii).

Aug 21, 2017
Berwick, Maine, US
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but as an avid magic fan, thought I'd chime in.

I have a huge list of favorites, most of whom I was introduced to on the World's Greatest Magic specials. I'll just start with...

Lance Burton
Juan Tamariz
Bill Malone
Greg Frewin
Jeff McBride
Lennart Green
Michael Ammar
Max Maven
Luis De Matos
Mac King

Jul 13, 2014
For ease, I'll only list card guys(my main area of interest) who are still active. That said, Ricky jay, michael Vincent, yu ho jin, dani da'Ortiz, lennart green, and Joshua jay. I am also not including guys who are primarily gambling exposers like Jason England, Paul Wilson, Darwin Ortiz, or even Richard turner.

Jul 15, 2017
Right now i'm really into watching Michael Vincent. I love his classical approach to magic. I also really dig Xavior Spade.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
There are others that come to mind but I narrowed it down to just two:

Dai Vernon -Naturalness in Card Handling
Ed Marlo- Encyclopedic Knowledge of Card Magic

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results