Favorite Trick

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
My favourite trick would have to be Chris Kenner's Sybil the Trick, due to the ending, the fact that it combines flourishing, mentalism and great skill and the fact that it is just plain impossible. However, I save this trick for special occasions - my most commonly performed trick would have to be a weird and twisted combination of Dan and Dave's Subway and Elmer Biddle's Biddle Trick. I call it Biddlin' Down. It amuses me.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Ben Earl's Thought of Card is-already-in-pocket.

I place a card in my jacket pocket. You think of a card without looking at the deck, or without subtleties and forces.

I remove your thought of card casually and without palming, from my pocket.

Gustav

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Ben Earl's Thought of Card is-already-in-pocket.

I place a card in my jacket pocket. You think of a card without looking at the deck, or without subtleties and forces.

I remove your thought of card casually and without palming, from my pocket.

Gustav

Wow. Is this in Past Midnight? And does it work 100% of the time?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Wow. Is this in Past Midnight? And does it work 100% of the time?

Yes, it is in fact in Past Midnight disk 3, Psychological stuffs.

It is impromptu, no setup needed.
However, you rely on something very small if you want to perform Ben's first version. Nothing too special, but you must be...aware of your surroundings and the atmosphere concerning the person you're performing for.

The trick is not, then surefire, but i'd say you have a 90% if not higher chance regardless of the spectator.

It's a little hard to explain, but the dvd is definately worth the money, if not for this, then for Ben's amazing pyschological forces. You won't be dissapointed.

Gustav

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Yes, it is in fact in Past Midnight disk 3, Gambling.

However, you rely on something very small if you want to perform Ben's first version. Nothing too special, but you must be...aware of your surroundings and the atmosphere concerning the person you're performing for.

The trick is not, then surefire, but i'd say you have a 90% if not higher chance regardless of the spectator.

It's a little hard to explain, but the dvd is definately worth the money, if not for this, then for Ben's amazing pyschological forces. You won't be dissapointed.

Gustav

Excellent. Thanks for this Gustav, you've practically sold this dvd/set to me. Are you a secret agent sent by Mr. Earl to trick mindless consumers like me into spending cash on something they don't really want or need? Hmm...I'm on to you Agent G::, don't think you're getting away with it. I'm watching you...

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Hmm...I'm on to you Agent G::, don't think you're getting away with it. I'm watching you...

Me? Naw, im just a normal british civilian.

*turns to bar waitress with a skimpy outfit*

"Vodka martini...shaken. Not stirred."

Jokes aside, im glad you're glad, and I hope you enjoy the dvd!

Gustav

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
Yes, it is in fact in Past Midnight disk 3, Gambling.

Gustav

Wait, isn't Disc 2 gambling, if I'm not mistaken?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2008
i love astounding appearance and shifty/elevator... astounding appearance is simple but a killer trick.

Aug 18, 2008
I love simplicity. My favorite effect is one I learned from my first magic book 8 years ago. It is called the Shuffling Lesson. Deck is shuffled, cut and half is given to a spectator. You say you are going to teach them how to shuffle. You guide them through some basic shuffling, and try to do the exact same thing they do. You end when both you and the spectator cut their cards into for packs. You turn your top cards over and they are all kings, and you boast. The spectator turns over their four, and they are all aces.

I also love COSMOS by Greg Rastami.
It is basically the same trick as Out of This World, except multiple spectators freely shuffle the deck before hand..no setup.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results