Feedback on New Effect?

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
What do you think of my new impromptu card trick?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76NqspDJ4Rk

IMPORTANT: I forgot to add it in the video, but you show that that part of your hand has nothing written on it immediately before rubbing the paper on it.

Thanks guys!

Teddy,

I am going to be honest here, but I can't say anything about the effect without ACTUALLY seeing it in action. If you would upload a full performance of it completely unedited, with patter to justify everything, it would be better to critique your effect. Do all these things, then come back and repost a new video.

Also, the effect to me isn't good because of what your video shows. WHY would I want to create a copy of what THEY wrote? What justifies this? Why would I care? Think about these things as you develop your effect more.

I agree with Casey, many magicians come up with ideas that seem as though they could lead into an effect, but without much direction. Why would someone want you to print their card onto your hand? What is the motivation, what is the climax of the effect? Make more of a direction for your effect and I'm sure it will help.

Nov 8, 2010
virginia
Teddy,

I am going to be honest here, but I can't say anything about the effect without ACTUALLY seeing it in action. If you would upload a full performance of it completely unedited, with patter to justify everything, it would be better to critique your effect. Do all these things, then come back and repost a new video.

Also, the effect to me isn't good because of what your video shows. WHY would I want to create a copy of what THEY wrote? What justifies this? Why would I care? Think about these things as you develop your effect more.

Going have to agree. From what is shown in the video, it is hard to get a good sense of what is really happening.
To be brutally honest, the trick does not seem practical, nor does it have motivation. The trick has to answer Who, What, Where, When and Why.

Another thing is the method. From a spectators point of view, the trick is relatively simplistic. With no background on how the trick is done and from one viewing, I have pretty good idea of how this is done. Any spectator who sees this that certain inks rub off of paper on to the skin quite easily with a bit of heat (which comes from your hand).

With a little tweaking, this could be a great trick. I would definitely keep working with it. Use the same basic idea, but use a different method.

Dec 10, 2008
What if you held the paper in your hand copied it while your saying something and then used it as a peek could you do that?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results