Finding local Magicians?

Nov 30, 2013
Hilliard, OH
So, I have really been wanting to meet some magicians in my area, and start learning stuff from them, and sharing stuff that I know. I feel like that is a really beneficial thing to do as a magician. But, as a sorta-young, and newish, magician, I don't really know how to go about finding that. I've seen certain abbreviations like IBM and stuff that I assume are magic clubs, but I don't know what it stands for, or how to find out if it exists in your area. What are some ways to go about finding that stuff? Thanks, a lot!

- Billy

Apr 17, 2013
IBM stand for International Brotherhood of Magicians.

In the Columbus area there is Ring 7 - Wheeler McCory Ring
Columbus, Ohio Meets 3rd Thursday of each month at 7:00pm

SAM is Society of American Magicians.
Assembly - 083 – U.F.GRANT
Serving: COLUMBUS OH
Meeting City: Westerville
Meeting Address: City of Westerville Electric Division, 139 East Broadway, Westerville
Meeting Date/Time: first Thursday at 7 p.m

Apr 17, 2013
Also in about a month Magi Fest will be happeneing. It was a pretty large convention and is just now getting back on it's feet thanks to Joshua Jay saving it. It was the first major convention where I entered contest.

Nov 30, 2013
Hilliard, OH
Thanks, that is very helpful! I know about MagiFest. I heard about it not to long ago, and have already bought my tickets. Which I am super pumped for! How did you go about finding that information? Just for future reference? I have tried a few google searches a while back, but they didn't return any results.

Apr 17, 2013
Thanks, that is very helpful! I know about MagiFest. I heard about it not to long ago, and have already bought my tickets. Which I am super pumped for! How did you go about finding that information? Just for future reference? I have tried a few google searches a while back, but they didn't return any results.

I was a member of Ring 7 when I was president of Ring 189 in Mansfield. I got the meeting info from the Ohio TVP of the IBM who is a friend of mine. All of the information is on the IBM and SAM websites.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results