First Coin Trick

Dec 21, 2007
What should I get?
Ive always done cardisty and card magig/xcm but not any coin magic.
I was thinking the Revolution Coin Vanish from E.
But I thought id ask you all and see what you think.

Thanks.

Bobo's Modern Coin Magic has been hailed as "The Coin Magic Bible". So, it would be a safe bet if you want to start out. I personally don't own it but, it will be one of my many purchases in '08.

*Take no offense to my use of the word bible, I am simply quoting someone.

-RA69

Sep 24, 2007
Get a multi- coin trick Dvd or book. for books, bobo is the way to go.

For dvd's, you can't beat david roth's 3 dvd set for coin magic

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Bobo's Modern Coin Magic has been hailed as "The Coin Magic Bible". So, it would be a safe bet if you want to start out. I personally don't own it but, it will be one of my many purchases in '08.

*Take no offense to my use of the word bible, I am simply quoting someone.

-RA69

I concur.

I would recommend getting a Scotch and Soda, it's a killer, easy to do trick that is one of the best coin tricks there is; or if you're on a budget, go with the Dime and Penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Dark Angel has it on the money... if you'll pardon the pun. If you must get a prepackaged trick, get S&S or D&P. Otherwise, get a book on general coin magic. To clarify the title and author, "Modern Coin Magic" by J. Bobo is the book to get.

I suck even worse with coins than cards, so I don't bother. ;)

Bobo rocks. Is it wierd that the first coin sleight I learned was not french drop, but Downs Palm? Just a thought that popped into my head.

Books vs. DVDs for coin conjuring. It's a tough battle, I truly believe books are better, though looking at a printed page becomes more daunting these days... come on, we can watch exactly how somebody does something! Bobo taught me a lot. And you can get a copy for $5!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results