First Hand Thoughts

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
Hello all,
I've been playing around with First Hand by JM since I received it a couple months ago. I personally use the method where I take 4 bills out of my wallet and remove the rubber band around them to display. I place the bills in the spectators hand with the rubber band back on. Then I vanish the bills leaving just the rubber band in their hands. Then I reveal that the 4 bills ended up back in my wallet and actually go into extreme burn from there. However, my main concern is working on a patter for taking my money wrapped in a rubber band and placing it in their hand to be vanished and ending back in my wallet. The motivation behind it seems rather odd, but I really enjoy the trick. Any thoughts?

Nov 8, 2009
I would try integrating the joke
Did anyone lose a roll of $100 bills wrapped in a rubber band?
Well I found the rubber band...
You could do the vanish and the punchline at the same time, it's not the most clever thing, but it's a start...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Maybe you could pull them out wrapped in the rubber bands and say something along the lines of someone stealing your money clip and you just haven't had time to go buy a new one yet. Or maybe it would be funny to say something along the lines of someday you hope to have enough money to buy a money clip. It would be silly because you are pulling out 100 bills. I don't know. Still brain storming.
What about patter about someone telling you to make "your money stretch" so you figured rubber bands are stretchy and that would help.

What about after the money effect you then go into some rubber band magic with those exact rubber bands. CMH, Touch...etc.

Jun 4, 2008
san clemente, ca
Maybe you could pull them out wrapped in the rubber bands and say something along the lines of someone stealing your money clip and you just haven't had time to go buy a new one yet. Or maybe it would be funny to say something along the lines of someday you hope to have enough money to buy a money clip. It would be silly because you are pulling out 100 bills. I don't know. Still brain storming.
What about patter about someone telling you to make "your money stretch" so you figured rubber bands are stretchy and that would help.

What about after the money effect you then go into some rubber band magic with those exact rubber bands. CMH, Touch...etc.

Thanks Rick. First let me clarify that I'd be pulling out 4 single dollar bills from my wallet not hundreds. (Never show off your money, but what you can do with it.) I thought about the idea with money clip. Also I really enjoy going along the lines with making "your money stretch" and running into some rubber band effects afterwards. I appreciate your input.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results